• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MDT TAC21 REMINGTON 700 MODULAR CHASSIS

imschur

I saw that stuff the other day .The 700 rec. intrest me , but I have to put a grand into my Ultra Classic first & they will probably be gone by the time I has the cash.

I'm not sure I like that fancy receiver & hand guard set up .Looks like it would make the 700 as heavy as my 20",308, AR.

This project has 98Z5V written all over it in FDE of course.  <munch>

Well, today after work I hauled ass to my favorite FFL, just to pick up some ammo for my Sunday-Monday shootfest (helmet-cam footage to follow, through the river wash...  ;D). 

Lo and Behold, before my very eyes, they have the Barrett 98B sitting there.  For $4,250.  I can get it from them for less.  Oh, it's .338 Lapua Magnum, too - I didn't mention thaat yet.

So, before I walked in there, having already known where this thread was gonna go, I was convinced that I'm building a 700 bolt on this chassis.  It wasn't gonna be a .308 Win 700, either.  :o

So, guys, whaddya want me to do here?  Build this 700 chassis, or let it get in the way of the Barrett 98B  .338 LM?  <dontknow>

Tell me where I'm going here, ya bunch of rat-bastage instigators...  <munch> <laughs>