• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MDT TAC21 REMINGTON 700 MODULAR CHASSIS

imschur

The MDT TAC21 is officially out for me - just got back from my negotiations with my favorite FFL over the 98B.  My cost OTD on it is $3995, and that includes the custom-cut Pelican case for it and the extra magazine (2, total).  He's making me a deal on whatever optic I pick for it, on top of everything else. 

Now, to scrape together $4k...  another $3k at this point, with the grand of mine I threw at him on Saturday.  :-[

Looks like Jgun needs to step up to the plate  <laughs>

Anyone want to start a pool as for what month 98Z5V buys his next weapon? I got dibs on July  <lmao>

Ha.    Ha.      <laughs>

My son's 15th birthday is July 4th, so it'll be July for sure.  I've already been picking out AR-15 parts for him, so he can stop shooting my hardware.  <lmao>  If it's his, he's fully responsible for cleaning it.  <thumbsup>

The rifle is cheap compared to the ammo he will chew up once he has his own weapon. PM me his email. I want to help him empty your wallet select the correct hardware.  ;D

No way, brother, no way... 

One thing I'm "gifting" to him - besides the whole rifle - is a complete, newest-stuff-pile from CMMG.  He'll primarily be blasting the .22LR conversion bolt in stainless, mag adapters for the bolt hold-open, with the insert for the forward assist, yada yada yada. 

I can afford CCI Mini-Mag for him - but I can't afford his .223 Rem addiction, and still grab this 98B.  :o

imschur, the MDT TAC21, I am going to get one!  I already contacted them about the Remington Long Action for my Remington 700 stainless in .300 Win Mag.  They said something like 4 months.  Can't wait, I like it because it has the facility of using the Magpul PRS stock and MIAD grip. 

As for .338 LM, too expensive to feed for my budget.  I am on the lookout for the Remington in that caliber though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I fucking hate you guys right now.  I didn't notice this thread before.  And there it is today.  And I was already to go with an AI stock for my LRT/XCR.  But now........  I'm not sure I like the hand guard deal, but it DOES allow the use of BUIS should I want to use them.  I can see this thing set up with a set of Dueck RTS and my M4 Leopold.  DAMN IT!  <laughs>

How much does it WEIGH though?????

I just looked.  AICS 1.5 is 5 lbs. 5 oz.  TAC21 is 3 lbs.  And the Magpul PRS is 1 lbs 12 oz.  So the weight is REALLY close to being the same once the TAC21 is outfitted.  But it would save ANYONE from buying a rail to mount on the receiver AND you could run just about any BUIS with some degree of accuracy if you wanted to.

You guys suck.  <thumbsup>

• 4 weeks later...