• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brügger & Thomet AR15 Suppressors

308kiwi

Hey guys, not sure if you 'can', (ha ha pun intended), source B&T suppressors in the USA so I thought I'd share a couple of mine.

B&T Vortex Compact-V QD fit onto a STD A2 flash hider

They work surprisingly well considering they are fairly compact, bottom pic is one on my 10.5" carbine, very fun rifle to shoot:cool:

B&T1.JPG

B&T2.JPG

Interesting! Made in Switzerland, so the engineering is probably pretty darn good. Nice looking SBR, by the way, a very handsome weapon. Can't get foreign cans here, but a company CCF reportedly licensed some of their designs and sold them here about ten years ago. I don't know what the status is now.

Edited by Sisco

What does a can cost you over the counter Kiwi? As you may read we are in limbo still but hopes are high for over the counter here. Lgs assumes the market will explode and prices will also? Time for manufactures to put product on the shelf will also be a wait?

4 minutes ago, sketch said:

What does a can cost you over the counter Kiwi? As you may read we are in limbo still but hopes are high for over the counter here. Lgs assumes the market will explode and prices will also? Time for manufactures to put product on the shelf will also be a wait?

It depends, I can go to any local gun shop and buy a NZ made suppressor for anything from $50-$100 for a 22LR to $400-$1000ish for a centre fire calibre, then there are the  imported units like Ase Utra that go around $400-$700 depending on model to the B&T ones that are close to $1500, so a very broad range of prices.

The two B&T units I have I imported privately and they cost me, from memory, close to $1400 each, ($980 US).

I wouldn't be surprised that if you guys have the law change you are all hoping for that the prices will probably go up for for a period as fresh demand drives them but I would imagine once the dust settles the prices will probably drop due to lots of new manufacturers and competition.

Like I said, $50 for a 22LR suppressor, it just makes sense to have one on every 22 in the house.

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

Does it clamp over the flash hider? Or is it a screw on replacement? From the sounds of it it goes over it.

The flat piece/slide at the very end of the unit slides about half way out of the unit, then you slip the unit over your flash hider, the 'slide' slides back down and locates over the spanner flats on the flash hider, then you rotate the body of the unit, which is threaded to the attachment section, and it locks and centralises the whole thing up onto the flash hider, self aligns the bore of the suppressor to the bore of the barrel, (assuming your flash hider is true, I guess you would find out after the first round if it wasn't) .

To remove is just the opposite, release the little ratchet type lock tab, unscrew the body about 3 turns and lift the 'slide' up.

I hope my vague description makes sense :-), but in reality it is very simple, very secure and once you have done it a couple of times it is very fast.

One of the motivating reasons for buying these was simply that I didn't have to modify any of either my or my wifes AR's to fit one up, all our AR's, bar one, have A2 flash hiders so two suppressors, his 'n' hers, fit five different rifles without any mods to any of the rifles or proprietary/expensive muzzle devices or bare threads.

I think it's a good idea, I'd guess that there are manufacturers in the US that will be doing something similar???.

Edited by 308kiwi
spelling