survivalshop

25-45 Sharps Build

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

BRO Norguard Billet Upper Receiver 

BRO Billet Lower Receiver

ALG, Forged Carbine Receiver Extension 

Geissele Buffer & Super 42 Braided Buffer Spring

Magpul , MOE SL Buttstock ( Black ) (I had it sitting around )

Magpul MOE Pistol Grip ( Gray ) ( I was going to use all Gray Furniture on this Receiver set , but changed my mind )

Geissele G2S FCG

D.Wilson Nitrated BCG ( Has the Bio hansard engraved BC , an over run ? what luck )

Strike Ind. , Enhanced Dust cover ( Black ) Multical 

SRC 20"light profile 25-45 Sharps SS Barrel 

YHM Clamp type Gas Block

Whats on Order ;

ALG Ergonomic Modular Rail  13" ( BLK )  ( this is a Hunting Rifle & it doesn't need all the Tactical rails , they can be added if needed ) I have one of these on my  300 BLK , a 12" on a Mid Gas system  & like it .

Rifle length Gas Tube  ( I just looked & its Back Ordered , will have to order different one from Brownells , I forgot to order the LE Wilson case gage any way , damn !

What I need , another Tac-ops 1 MechArmor Charging handle , a Scope & Rings , believe it will be a Nikon or Burrus , I like the E1 Recital on the Burrus , but just cross hairs will be fine , just haven't made my mind up yet .

DSCN2889.thumb.JPG.b50cae9c00b23b05fccee49fe3777e58.JPG

DSCN2890.thumb.JPG.9c69db2beab30ebb0d3743bba6dffffd.JPG

DSCN2891.thumb.JPG.174acd1f417b45f327770f2bb64ad474.JPG

I checked Head Space with just the Bolt  & .223 Gages & its good to go .

Edited by survivalshop

I'm liking it already, brother!!!   :thumbup:

Hand Guard & Bullets came in today , but Gas Tube won't be here till Wednesday , just bugs me it was back ordered WTF is another two days before I have a working rifle to test .I add some photo's later , I like this new ALG Hand Guard , just what i wanted for a Hunting rifle .

DSCN2899.thumb.JPG.1f9106931707e2dcfae76e54678b1bdb.JPG

Here is the ALG I have on the 300BLK

DSCN2901.thumb.JPG.4272b40f06d197598222fa45ea236e2c.JPG

DSCN2897.thumb.JPG.3eb40e4d3bb88a077d970e63f09f9876.JPG

My freaking work light broke off its plastic mount so some photo's are kinda dark , not to mention , every time I go to take photo's its cloudy outside WTF . I'm right next to a large window .

Love the ALG hanguards.  They're good stuff.  :thumbup:

I got the Gas Tube yesterday & also the Thread protector & a complete rifle for testing . I just don't like not having my Case Gage to make sure Brass are HS correctly . I never needed one till lately , now I can't live with out checking , my Dummy fed & chambered as said . Will test until it gets in from back order .

I mistakenly thought the 13" HG would cover the Gas Block , I will order a 15" & use this one for another Upper with mid length Gas System . Kinda looks ok , but any attachment of a Rail , the GB looks like it will interfere .

I weighed the Rifle yesterday with mounted Scope & no mag , the weight was close to 8# , a little heavier then I thought it would be . Must be the 20" bbl.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I weighed the Rifle yesterday with mounted Scope & no mag , the weight was close to 8# , a little heavier then I thought it would be . Must be the 20" bbl.

Mine is probably that heavy- or more - with the 18" barrel.  Haven't weighed it yet.  Lemme get to that.

Answer = 8.68 pounds unloaded, 9.50 pounds with a loaded 20-round Gen 2 PMag. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Plenty of room in the 20 round metal mag. I could go longer in the COL & not have interference issue , but will not at this time . One thing I don't have are 20 rd. PMags, might get a couple just for the 25-45.

DSCN2907.thumb.JPG.18ef5200d47a47feab3cafd0129c96e9.JPG

I'm going to change some scopes around on some of my rifles & like 98 did , will be swapping the Burris  2x7x35 for a Burris 3x9x40 on the 25-45 rifle , the 2x7 will be going back on one of the 5.56 rifles , the large 6.5x22x50 on my 16" 308 ( which I put on just for testing Hand Loads ) is coming off & going back to Iron's ( MBUS ) only , its the way it was & wanted it from the beginning.

Photo's from the range after tomorrow . 

Rifle shot great , no failures of any kind , all test loads locked the Bolt Back . I'll post the same Photo of the Target here as I will in the reloading section . This is with only a light lubing of Components .

The Geissele Super 42 Spring & Buffer worked great , the rifle has no felt recoil or muzzle climb even with out a Muzzle device of any kind , just a Thread protector . 

Its funny at the range with all the old guys , we call it old guy Tuesday , they were impressed with this newer Cartridge & we circled around me during testing & were laughing at my fuk'ed up Chrono readings , my Magnitospeed needs some sensitivity adjustments , the 4640 fps it showed a couple times , seemed no one believed it :lmao: The Errors , I believed & after talking to the Magnitospeed people , they say i need to adj. the settings for it to work correctly .

After using Rock Set on the Thread Protector , it didn't move for the last testing . The new test loads were in the 2700 fps range & can be seen in the reloading section thread , there was a slight increase in recoil , if you could call it that , but no muzzle rise with no Brake on their Barrel/Caliber , quite surprising . Might have something to do with the Geissele Buffer system .

Rifle is shooting good , no cleaning or re-lubing , since assembly with the " 98 Special " . I'm going to order another HG just like this one , but in Gray & also get another Stock in Gray . To match the Pistol Grip , of course .:lmao:

DSCN2919.thumb.JPG.e45a9f7ba3ad84aec37250693904220d.JPG

Very nice build! The ballistics of the 25-45 are impressive.

:thumbup: 

Posted (edited)

I ordered this today to swap the Barrel ,BCG  Stock , Lower Parts of the 25-45 Sharps to & also going top use one of the new Tactical Machining 2nd Amendment Lowers for it . I have plans for the BRO Receiver set . . Its a Hunting Rifle type so I figured the Aero FDE upper would look better & I wanted a HG to cover the Gas Block anyway , we will see how she shoots .

On sale this weekend for $ 189 & free shipping , I just couldn't pass it up ,

unnamed-21.jpg.783e40a0c02b42b6c69bf4c658377cc4.jpg

DSCN2971.thumb.JPG.17e82e798f6472ad250e55dbf1c4a39e.JPG

DSCN2972.thumb.JPG.32d4287d324133435970caa5a0f4b6b1.JPG

Edited by survivalshop

RIGHT ON!   :thumbup:

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

RIGHT ON!   :thumbup:

My first in FDE , my 16" 308 has FDE stock & Pistol grip , but never went this far, am I doomed :laffs:

13 hours ago, survivalshop said:

My first in FDE , my 16" 308 has FDE stock & Pistol grip , but never went this far, am I doomed :laffs:

I knew I could get ya sooner or later...   Welcome to the brown side, brother...  :lmao:

:fullauto::banana: these two emos descride 98's matrix moves ! I think he likes spending our $ 

On 7/29/2017 at 9:31 PM, 98Z5V said:

I knew I could get ya sooner or later...   Welcome to the brown side, brother...  :lmao:

I now have the 25-45 Sharps converted to mostly FDE , all I need to swap out is the Stock to FDE . It doesn't look bad with the black stock , but the an FDE will look better . Since I now have a FDE Sig P320 , my conversion is complete .:cool:

Photo's of the improved 25-45 Sharps will come from a range trip tomorrow to test my last test loadings .