• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Parts Source

Hello all. I'm new here and have a question. I am building an 308AR in "dark earth" color. I've got my upper and lower but no other parts. I'm having a hard time finding a source for the grip and hand guard in the dark earth color. Does anyone have a suggestion on who offers a descent selection in colors other than black?? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Magpul FDE or MFT Scortched Earth for the grip. Both can be found at Brownells  

matching handguard can be more difficult. Try Midwest Industries. I believe they have an FDE handguard still. So does Geissele. Daniel Defense says their rail is FDE, but it's more of a brown color. It still looks good though.

Cerakote offers two different FDE colors, due to differences.

They offer MagPul FDE as well as Cerakote FDE. 

If your upper and lower are already Cerakote FDE, then no MagPul FDE parts are going to match it exactly.  In order to have a completely, one-color matching rifle, you're going to have to have your upper and lower repainted in Carakote's MagPul FDE...

MFT Scorched Dark Earth is a match for MagPul FDE.  MFT's "regular" FDE is nowhere close to a match to MagPul FDE.  Hence, they made a match to it, with a new name.

Here's the difference between MagPul FDE (in the grip, mag and trigger guard) on a rifle with Carekote FDE on the receivers and rail.  The Carbine Receiver Extension is MagPul FDE (cerakote) and is shown against the Cerakote FDE receivers.  The buttstock IS the MFT Minimalist in Scorched Dark Earth, mounted on that MagPul FDE receiver extension...

Weird lighting on that stock and receiver extension shot - they damn near are identical.

P1050644.JPG

P1050645.JPG

P1050646.JPG