• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My AR-10

JGshooter

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! <thumbsup> It looks like the non-NewYork-ized version of mine.  I know I am really loving mine.  Happy Shooting.  Be sure to tell us how it shoots.

Modify - OK Time for coffee I just realized I replied to the same post twice in a row.  Sorry guys!  WOW!... caffeine here I come... <lmao>

This rifle shoots great!  a lot better, and lighter than my SOCOM m-1A .  I am in the market for a drop in railed hand guard. The gunstore owner I got it from gave me a Midwest Industries hand guards but did not fit they were for .223. any suggestions? is there a great benefit to free floating hand guards??

@JGshooter

The way your rifle is built right now, you have one very simple option that would require ZERO gunsmithing.

Get the Magpul MOE handguard, and install the alum/poly rails to it. It takes rails at the 1, 6, and 11 o'clock positions (12 too, but the Magpul 12 is the wrong height to match a receiver). The Magpul MOE handguard should be a direct replacement for the handguard you have on your AR10 now. Looks like you'll need the Mid length HG. Total cost maybe $50

For any decent rail system, you can expect a $200+ bill. MI makes some cheap ones, but they are just that... cheap. You didn't spend all that money on an Armalite just to start cutting corners now, did you?

That's what I run.  Only rifle length.  And I LOVE it.  Light weight, I can move the polymer rail sections or remove them as needed.  I can add more if I want to Barbie out my rifle too. They also offer a slick rail set specifically for those that want to run a light and/or laser combo with remote switch.  And NO ARMORER needed.