• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Water fowl 2017

shepp

I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner.

I took out my wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked,"If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?" I asked.

"No, I don't waste time fishing," the homeless man said.."I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on hunting equipment?" I asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't gone hunting in 20 years!"

"Well," I said, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?

I replied, "Don't worry about that. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking, fishing and hunting.

Got out yesterday morning river dropped 1.5 feet in 8 days. With about a 20' sand bar gave the gator glide a test slide across the bar like butter on a hot pan. Got into the slough and realized it was about 3" of water and 1' of muck got the boat parked shot a couple ducks. The way out was interesting pushing thru that slurry of shit got about 20' in about 5 min so we got out pushed the boat back into the trench he just dug. Got it pushed back gave her hell got up on plane and skipped on out over the sand bar again and on out! It was soooooooo cool 

the cut off sticks were at water level a week ago. Also you can see the muck we were in

IMG_8725.JPG

IMG_8730.JPG

5 minutes ago, Sisco said:

A dam open downstream, or are you guys drying out down there? We're not. 8 inches over normal precip for the year.

We had a very wet spring and summer fall not so much. I'm assuming they opened a dam that's a lot of water to drop in 8 days