• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Threaded barrel .45

imschur

Madhouse beat me to it. I have to say that the FNP is everything the HK and the Sig tried to be.

The Sig didn't offer anything I couldn't get from my 1911's, so I never looked favorably at them. As for HK you have three threaded barrel options. The sizes come in "wee", "not-so-wee" and "FREAKIN HUGE". If I were planning lots of heavy combat I would choose the Mk23. If I wanted a carry or competition gun, with the option of a can, I would get the CT. The Tactical looks nice, but I don't see it as the "happy medium". It's too big to carry as CCW and not as accurate as it's MUCH bigger brother.

The FNP has all the options, and more, that I would want in a pistol. High capacity, DA/SA, ambidextrous, lightweight, low profile slide... Plus you get a doctor sight and raised tritium iron sights, to look over a can. In comparison to the HK and Sig, it is very affordable too.

I have a lot of guns on my wish list, and the FNP is one of them.

I have an FNP-9 and FNP-45, but not the tactical model.  I've often thought about selling the FNP-45 off for the tactical model, just haven't done it yet.  My FFL buddy brought one of the tacticals out on one of our shooting sessions, it ran just as well as mine.

Get the HK USP.  I LOVE mine.  The only complaint I have is the HK tactical target sights are ALL black.  I don't think I'd want a three white dot affair, but I sure would like tritium lamps in them.  I've been meaning to call Trijicon and see if I could send them my sights and have lamps installed in the stock sights.  Other than that, tack driver right out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I ruled the HK out for now. I chose a barrel thread .578-28 for the suppressor that's common to 1911's,Sig's, FN's etc. Im leaning heavily towards the FN. Everyone seems to love these weapons. It also happens to be the least expensive and I am seriously tapped out after buying the three suppressors.

• 6 months later...

No brainer, HK USP Tactical for all the bells and whistles, CT if you can get buy without the match trigger and reduced capacity, and good luck finding a HK45 Tactical.  There have been a few HK45CTs hit the shore but I am not aware of any HK45T's coming in yet.