• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My new Rock River

• 7 months later...

(even though this thread is 8 months +) I ordered mine end of Dec 11 they said 90-120 days..... I can only hope it arrives in 60 but I'm not counting on it.

I have a Burris (sp?) scope mount bought just for my lar-8 EL OP that looks identical to that one.

the guy that i ordered thru told me 67 days what the longest hes ever had to wait for one. most came in 4-6 weeks but i guess dec 11 was alot longer ago then that. hopfully ill have it buy deer hunting season:D

By calendar-month, Dec 11th is 60 days from today...  When did you order yours?  Bigt77 is at your 60-day window right now, based on your dealer. 7 more days, and he busts his record. 

At any rate, this is one old thread.  <thumbsup>

oh, it doesn't matter to me at all. I guess I'm just hoping that the wait times are still the same if not better than when the thread was begun.... still hanging in there.... and it was ordered 29 DEC 11 to clear up any confusion. So, I'm currently at 49 days as of today. To ease the torture a little, I ordered a new .357 exchange kit for my P250 to Carry, should be here in a day or two (much to my wife's dismay)

Not to rub salt in all the wounds, but I must be the luckiest RRA owner in recent history. Between here and the RRA specific sub-forum on Arfcom (the only forum I read there), it borders on ridiculous. I'm sorry, but its just plain ridiculous, how long it takes for them to produce deliverable goods. Are they a lot cheaper that way?

Anyway, last July, I read about the LAR-8 Predator HP and starting saving my farthings (remember saving) to come up with the MSRP before looking for one. On Thursday, October 13th, the day before the payday when I would have enough, I Googled the make and model name, noting the phone number or visiting the web site of every hit. It didn't take long to realize the expression "Stocking Dealer" is an oxymoron where RRA is concerned. However, on the 4th or 5th site I visited, I found a paintball supplier in Idaho, who said they had it in stock (false claims should be a crime). On Friday, I called to make sure they indeed did have one and ordered it for like 10% less than MSRP. On Tuesday the 18th, my transfer FFL called me to say it arrived.

I suspect I should have purchased a few lottery tickets at the same time, but the horse shoe eventually passed out in my stool. Now, I'm back to my unlucky, buy high / sell low, should have been here last week, self ;)

The quality of the Predator HP is spot on and though comfortable shooting weather ended shortly after deer season which was a distraction shorty after I got it, it appears to shoot very well. If I hadn't apparently gotten lucky with mine, no way I would wait 60-90+ days for one though. I probably would have either bought an LR-308 off of GB or built an AR-10 from components. For those of you in the "waiting cue", my heart goes out to you. That's my idea of purgatory.

Hoot

Today lol, and what's it matter if it's an old thread?

PIggy-backing on someone else's topic isn't really the true topic here - "My new Rock River."  What we're talking about here is wait times.

Nothing "wrong" with responding in this older thread, that's really about something else.  However, it does screw up searches - if someone is looking for information on RRA wait times, they'd probably miss this thread.  The reality is that the second half of this thread is about wait times - not a new RRA.

Make sense?

Also, japeatr hasn't been logged in since Nov 11th, 2011 - think he'll get you a timely response to this question you asked?

where did you get the scope mount?

Better off starting a new thread, and asking people if they know where to get this scope mount?... (and link the thread):

http://308ar.com/forum/rock-river-arms-lar-8/my-new-rock-river/msg24590/#new

No need to be sorry, and I'm certainly not upset in any way.  In a nutshell, you asked me this question:

Today lol, and what's it matter if it's an old thread?

I simply told you the issues with it, in this instance.  I hope you truly understand what I responded with, and why.  Does my response make sense to you?