• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR-10 build Quentin Defense lower with Alexandria PRO-FAB upper

Saiga308

I am looking at purchasing an AR-10 build that has a Quentin Defense lower and a Alexandria PRO-FAB complete upper. Everyone’s thoughts on this build? Quality compatible to the other ARs out there? Is this considered cheap and lack of quality? Should I spend a little more on better build? Mind you I am in Massachusetts so inflation plays. Help a buddy out.   ??

9480D2BA-7CEA-455D-ADEA-11BB5B8448FF.jpeg

28D71C7D-B708-4056-A02D-A781DBFAECAC.jpeg

B837B2F7-3715-4320-83E1-93098C157F81.jpeg

E77EB1B3-002F-4E0D-917B-6F108D8F97CF.png

Sometimes different manufacturers Receivers don't play well together & have tolerance stacking issues . 

Have you test fired this Rifle ?  Only way to know , if it has feeding or Extraction issues or it won't hold back the BCG on last round , walk away . 

Also see if you can have the Receivers Shotgunned open to inspect the threaded end or the Lower Receiver to see if the BCG is hitting it & see if the Bolt Catch will hold the Bolt back with an empty mag inserted . 

Welcome from MA, as SS stated, it’s hard to say with out shooting it. Some stuff is fine if mixed. Others not so much. If you are comfortable with discussing details of the sale with me in a PM feel free to send me one. Without knowing the price, parts used or if it functions properly it’s tough to say it’s value

10 hours ago, Saiga308 said:

Okay so I will make sure the bolt stays back on catch with empty mag. 20 rounds were fired through it to test functionality and all rounds went flawless states seller. Then went back in safe as he prefers M1A

I would not really care what the seller says !  Only twenty rounds ?  Then it went in the safe , I find that strange .

I have seen that on some of these builds that when they warm up , after a mag or two ,the failures start to happen . If possible , I would meet the seller at a known safe gun range to check it out & bring a box or two of ammo .Thats just me , its a big investment & spending $ 20-30 , might save you a bunch of grief later .

Now if it was a Factory Rifle , thats different , most have warranties . Have you looked at Factory 308AR's & pricing or are you getting this Rifle at such a good price that its too hard to pass up ( another red flag to me ) 

This all may not be what you want to hear , but its a big investment , these big bores are not cheap . ( well, unless its a PSA Rifle :lmao: ) I couldn't resist , because they do sell them at a very low price .

I know nothing about the State you live in & its laws on these type Rifles , Edgecrusher can be much more help , if you haven't PM'ed him already , you should .

Edited by survivalshop

Edgecrusher has been taking me under his wing and guiding me well. I’m not getting this one the guy is selling. I don’t mind spending a little more. In Mass these are banned so I can only get one through a personal transfer from someone whom acquired before ban. Be it a lower or complete build. I’ll keep looking. I’d rather spend a little more and get a nice one. I do not want S&W as it is not as mod savy.

If you guys see any personal sales in mass, lower or complete that looks good please let me know. I have my Saiga 308 which brought me into the 308 world that I now ador and now want an AR platform 308