• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So you want to see what a Patriotic American AR15 .308 AR manufacturer is about ?

bfoosh006

IMHO, this video speaks volumes... watch it until the end, it is worth it.

From selling mags and ammo in 2008... to a major firearm manufacturer today.... with more then just AR 15's , .308 AR's, PCC's , AK Platform's, 1911's

I am so happy to see this kind of company still exists in the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eQGOCHsi4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by bfoosh006

Pretty bold statement...

"All PSA firearms have an unlimited lifetime warranty.  When you buy our product, you know that it will work, and if there is an issue, if something breaks, doesn't matter if you're the first person to own it, second, or third, if it's got our logo on it, if we made it, we will fix it. Doesn't matter if it's 30 years from now, 40 years from now.  We're there for the customer.  We want it to be fun, and it's only fun if it works...and then if something happens and it breaks, it get's fixed. And you have that guarantee with us..."

Alright, then, PSA - why don't you get it together on the 308AR line that you have?  Why don't you fix the glaring issues in the product that you're assembling on your line - and fix it, before it goes out the door?... RIddle me that?...

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Alright, then, PSA - why don't you get it together on the 308AR line that you have?  Why don't you fix the glaring issues in the product that you're assembling on your line - and fix it, before it goes out the door?... RIddle me that?...

I have to say - since the advent of the Gen 2 setup...  the major issue is the recoil system, primarily in the carbine setup - but I saw something here recently on the rifle recoil system. 

Fix the carbine recoil system.  That, PSA, will alleviate about 90% of the seen problems that have been going on.

You can't count on the customer - honestly.  Cheap people are attracted to inexpensive prices, and when you want to offer the killer deals that you guys do - you're gonna get those cheap people.   That's not a bag on PSA customers, not in the least.  Don't get me wrong on that.  That's a bag on cheap people that will bitch about EVERYTHING, no matter how small the issue is. 

I'm retired military, 20+ years. I chose to go into the powersports industry after military retirement. I love fast shiit, and I love making shiit faster.  The WORST customers I've ever had are the cheapskates - they think EVERYTHING is under warranty, they hate to pay for maintenance, and always want a cheaper out-the-door bill.  The worst of the worst of them are the people that think if they yell LOUDER when it's time to pay up, that the bill will get cheaper for them... Habitual complainers, with one goal in mind...  "I wanna pay less, so..." LOUD.  My "warranty" explanation to them was always the same... "Could you, as the operator, have caused or prevented this from happening?... If you could have caused...  or prevented... this from happening - then it's not a warranty issue."

"I was driving down this hill, and it just jerked sideways, and hit this stump - the the balljoint broke!"  Yeah, I get it, the balljoint broke when you hit the stump - but could you have prevented hitting that stump?  Could you have CAUSED hitting that stump?  Show me the material failure in the part that cause the part to fail...  besides what you did do, and what you could have prevented from happening...

Anyway, off my soapbox.  You offer inexpensive product, and you WILL get cheapass customers.  And you have to deal with them...  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Pretty bold statement...

"All PSA firearms have an unlimited lifetime warranty.  When you buy our product, you know that it will work, and if there is an issue, if something breaks, doesn't matter if you're the first person to own it, second, or third, if it's got our logo on it, if we made it, we will fix it. Doesn't matter if it's 30 years from now, 40 years from now.  We're there for the customer.  We want it to be fun, and it's only fun if it works...and then if something happens and it breaks, it get's fixed. And you have that guarantee with us..."

It is being addressed.... and 98Z5V has / is correct in the proper system... and while both work... parts getting mixed together add to a needless confusion.

I am confident PSA will use only one system very soon... eliminating incorrect parts mixtures.

Edited by bfoosh006

Oh, man, I'm over my soap-box shiit - that WAS a great video! Honestly, it gets me excited for PSA, really. I WANT them to do great, I really do!  They can, and have, changed the market.  If they just tweak things, just a LITTLE bit - they can dominate the market.  They need to look at it like Aero Precision, and the M5 receivers - with a receiver set that works SO well, at a price point that it has...  Why would I even LOOK at building a 308AR from something else?...

If they can do that - they will dominate the market.

Of note - Aero can't get their 308 carbine receiver extension right.  I had one YEARS ago that had a 7.100" internal depth.  And it made a difference.  I had some WEIRD cycling issues with my build.  It took a LONG time to figure out that the receiver extension depth was the cause of my problems - and I shiitcanned the whole recoil system, right into the dumpster.  Seriously.  Receiver extension, recoil spring, and buffer.  Trashcan.  I went to the Armalite AR-10 recoil system on that rifle, and never had an issue since.  The rest of the rifle build was flawless. I've been using Aero receivers for all my 308 builds ever since - but not their recoil system.

29 minutes ago, bfoosh006 said:

It is being addressed.... and 98Z5V has / is correct in the proper system... and while both work... parts getting mixed together add to a needless confusion.

I am confident PSA will use only one system very soon... eliminating incorrect parts mixtures.

That honestly is the smartest way to go about it - you don't even have any 2.500" buffers in your whole building. None at all.  You build AR15s, and you build 308ARs. Don't even mess around with shortass 2.500" buffers, in the least.  You stick with the 308 Carbine Receiver Extension with an internal depth of 7 5/8", and you only have ONE length of carbine buffer to stock on your facility - 3.250".  Get the spring rate right, for the 308s.    Other than that, look at what can happen - you used a lighter AR15 buffer when it went out the door, instead of the H3 buffer for a 308 - it acts like it's overgassed, and cycles a little faster. That WAY better than the BCG slamming into the ears of the lower receiver, and tearing up hard parts.

The ULTIMATE systems is - you have AR15 assembly line. You have 308AR assembly line.  Never do the two lines cross.  Ever.  No parts get confused.  No parts get assembled wrong.  Any worker that thinks they can cross from line to line gets it.  They get beat with the 3ft double-headed jelly dong.  Until they understand...  :lmao:

great video I am a cheap customer because I am poor not dirt poor but Middle class in the USA is above my pay grade, I have bought stuff from PSA and always had quick service and so far never a issue with anything from them , now that this Bunch of lunatics that reside here have taught me how to build and maintain the AR platform  I do not buy from them much except for ammo and a few things but I love their attitude... and their prices are very very good.....