• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTS: Oakley SI Tactical FR Gloves

Robocop1051

Not sure if anyone here needs anything like this. It was kind of an impulsive buy for myself in the first place. I'll sell these here for the same price I got them, $75 shipped. I have them auctioned at a few other places, but for a little to a lot more.

These are the newest Oakley tactical gloves on the market. Can't really find these anywhere for less than $100 (MSRP $110). I just got this pair and they were too big for me. My hands are just in between MED and LRG. These gloves are a true size LRG.

SIZE: LARGE

COLOR: BLK

Specs are as follows:

Military protective gloves have special requirements and the Oakley SI Tactical FR Glove is no exception. These gloves feature rugged Pittards Fire Resistant leather palm and topside reinforcements, anatomical protective knuckle plating covered with FR leather and two layers of 180g Nomex protect back of hand and fingers. Single Velcro® closure at the wrist provides secure and easy closure.

The SI Tactical FR Glove complies with the ASTM D6413 and NFPA 1971 Section 7.7.3 testing standards for flame resistance.

OAKLEY01.jpg

gloves001.jpg

Uh huh...  Big hands mean...  I need big gloves.  <laughs>

I've got ugly, nasty caveman hands, brother - why do you think I comment when I see nice hands, like Matt Cross has?...  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I work a block away from Oakley HQ at 1 Icon here in Foothill Ranch and go to the employee store all the time - they are $30-40 at the employee store - I have about 3 pair right now - they have tan & black - next time I go over there I'll pick up a couple pair and see if you guys want to buy some.. They really are the best gloves on the market.  I use them for hunting and motorcycle riding.. (mountain biking is what they were originally made for) - I'll pick up some XL's next time I'm over there.

Hey no skin off my back. I have two pairs of the tan standard versions. They work great. I think i got them shipped for $45 through Oakley's LE/Mil store. My only gripe is that they don't hold up as well as I needed, thus my reasoning for buying the new version.

@JawbrkrCTC01;

These are the "flame resistant" versions. Double check that store. I wasn't aware that the "FR" version was available in tan yet. If the "FR" versions are the price you say, put me in for a pair of mediums.

I haven't gone over to the employee store since May - but the employee store at Oakley is two stories and has everything available to the public & then some.  The tactical gloves have always been in stock at the employee store even when they were only available to military & police for a while.. I haven't checked on the FR type - but I will next time I go over there.  I go to the store with an Oakley employee friend and employees get 72% off of the retail price on everything from clothing to sunglasses.  I have 4 pair of their sunglasses and in May I purchased a pair of $400 Polarized Carbon Juliets for $110 and a pair of Black Aviators for $25.00!  I don't constantly go over there so the next time I go I'll pick up a couple pair and post them on here for you guys and I won't charge more than I paid.. Have a great weekend.

• 1 month later...