• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

U of U "Cry Closet"

98Z5V

12 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

I don't know for sure but I am told that the Marines have a time out card in basic now.

I very highly doubt that.  USMC never played that fucked up game.

12 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

I got curious and tried to google stress card. I am happy to report that I was passing  on pure unadulterated bull.

Air Force and Army had them.  I was the recipient of those worthless assbags, in a couple of assignments.  I cured them of it.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, shepp said:

I live near alpine valley (where Stevie Ray Vaughn died). I had a friend that lived on the main hwy from there to Madison, I dropped her off one night and got stuck in traffic after a concert, I was following a car that completely missed a curve and sailed thru a corn field, I just about stopped but about 5 cars behind me was a county deputy. I’m sure they were drunk/ high or having a car jacking

well this is Wisconsin, sometimes we just like to drive through fields to see if we can. lol.

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

:laffs:Hadn't thought of that, guess we did have a cry closet. Thankfully there was someone waiting outside the door to waterboard me with that 5 gallon water can and snap me out of it!

I never got the water, I just had to deal with the 3 feet of snot hanging from my face. I tell you what, this is way better than taking OC to the eyes though.

12 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

:laffs:Hadn't thought of that, guess we did have a cry closet. Thankfully there was someone waiting outside the door to waterboard me with that 5 gallon water can and snap me out of it!

I had that "opportunity" at the advanced age of 13 with the Civil Air Patrol in about 1965.  We also were "forced" to go through the Vietnam familiarization course, fire an M-1, and fly in a Huey.  It makes me wonder how I survived all that "trauma". By the way we didn't have anyone standing by to waterboard us but we did get to go to the showers later. It is a wonder any of us lived through the horror of being a kid in the 60's.  Damn I wish I could do it again.

1 hour ago, Hotwrench said:

I had that "opportunity" at the advanced age of 13 with the Civil Air Patrol in about 1965.  We also were "forced" to go through the Vietnam familiarization course, fire an M-1, and fly in a Huey.  It makes me wonder how I survived all that "trauma". By the way we didn't have anyone standing by to waterboard us but we did get to go to the showers later. It is a wonder any of us lived through the horror of being a kid in the 60's.  Damn I wish I could do it again.

It is amazing that what is considered traumatizing abuse these days was once seen as character building. Crying shame kids these days do not get the same opportunities.

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

It is amazing that what is considered traumatizing abuse these days was once seen as character building

Character building? I thought it was fun, a reward for not misbehaving. One thing is for sure my son never had nearly as many opportunities since he (poor thing) was raised in the 90's and  the blighted era that followed. I guess if he had been strapped into the door gunners position on a Huey I would be in prison now. If he had been allowed  through the gas house we would all be in prison. On the other hand it taught me that I didn't want to join the protests with Hanoi Jane, you just don't get better a better learning opportunity than that.