• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brrr, winters here

308kiwi

Checked one of my hunting spots on the sugar river, I’d say it’s up about 10-12’ the third picture is the parking lot for the boat launch, the last picture is the main channel, last year the water was “high” and it was chest deep in the center it’s double if not triple that now

54E79F7E-E302-4F31-80E2-38294E81C988.jpeg

EC4D38A9-9117-4092-A3D5-71CCE81B0D79.jpeg

04BE6E4B-AC11-46A9-9910-A36548BB362C.jpeg

92DEE246-32F7-464B-99D7-5C160279DFB5.jpeg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another bad night, city of Ontario is under water this morning just outside wildcat mountain state park. Cool little town I’ve often taken the motor bike to. 

Out west its its dry and burning here we’re getting piss pounded with rain.....

13 minutes ago, Sisco said:

We got hit but not that bad. 3.5 inches of rain yesterday evening. Climate change models predict we are going to be wetter in Northern Wisconsin, and have been getting wetter for the last 50 years.

I’m ok with “wet” but leave the damn monsoons where they belong........

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Hi temp today was 59 F with wind. Gettin near fall.

Suppose to be 69 here tomorrow, Saturday it was 89 and humid as fuck, been sooo humid down here. 

Its pouring again I feel bad for all those dealing with flooding. On the radar the whole bottom of the state is a flash flood warning

27 minutes ago, shepp said:

Suppose to be 69 here tomorrow, Saturday it was 89 and humid as fornicate, been sooo humid down here. 

Its pouring again I feel bad for all those dealing with flooding. On the radar the whole bottom of the state is a flash flood warning

Relax and,put,” Concert for Bangladesh” on the stereo. ( Now that joke really dates me)

It's getting better here - I don't think I'll be able to "beg" any more rain out of this monsoon season, that's just about done.  This past week, though, MAN what nicer nights!  We've finally hit a few nights with lows that hit 79 or 78.  A low of anything under 80 is a blessing at this time of the year.  The next two weeks are looking good.  We're lower 100s on highs right now, with the occasional day at 105 or 106.  Instead of the norm. I've got 106, 106,and 107 finishing out these last 3 days of August, but by September 23rd, there are no more triple-digit highs anymore.  Gone.  That's kinda early for it to end, but I won't miss 'em. 

Come the time of the Fall Shoot, men, we'll he high 80s for the highs, and mid-to-low 50s fir the nights.  Gonna be a GREAT TIME!!!  

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, shepp said:

close to me? that is the area I usually work. the last few days have been hell. Every road in the county had water over it. finally about 2pm we got the interstate open after over 24 hours of it closed. It was like several of the counties were closed up here and we even had to evacuate areas and had a few tornadoes. about to go to work, crossing my fingers that things are better. Has been a long week with long shifts.

hmmm. they didn't call me in for this, I am surprised. Juneau county floods and everyone gets called in for overtime accept me who is working a regular shift (not even early call in) in that county. Everything else floods and even if I am one of the closest people I don't get the call, instead they call people that is 2 hours away, starting to seem a bit fishy... no pun intended.