• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Help Me Make Sure My Lower Goes To Use

CTGunner82

Hi, all. I could use some help if I ever have a chance to get a proper upper assembly to go with my commie state registered preban lower and magazines. Yes, both the lower receiver and each of my magazines are irreplaceable to me here in Connecticut.

I've come to learn that I have an Armalite B series style lower from Aero Precision and the proper Armalite mags with it, but Armalite has switched to the newer A series and it looks like the B series is at least very hard to get. I'm hoping the B series isn't completely discontinued. I need to get an upper receiver to go with this lower if I ever want to get this rifle built, preferably one that will support a free floating handguard and barrel.

Armalite lists an AR-10 B series upper at https://www.armalite.com/product/10002001-ar10-b-series-upper-receiver-assembly/ . They say to get part number 10002000 if you want to use a free-float rail, but 10002000 is not on their website.

I'd love to get a stripped B series upper so I can match it with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, but I'm wondering if I'll need to buy any old rifle or upper that I can find at this point.

How hard is it to find B series components these days?

22 minutes ago, CTGunner82 said:

but Armalite has switched to the newer A series and it looks like the B series is at least very hard to get. I'm hoping the B series isn't completely discontinued.

Looking at several B Series complete uppers on their website right now.

http://www.armalite.com/product-category/ar-10-parts-accessories/b-series-complete-uppers/

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

CALL. THEM.  :thumbup:

Just got off the phone with Armalite. They have a few cosmetically blemished stripped uppers with white waves in the anodizing. I bought one so I should be all set. They guy I spoke with said that they will probably make more B series uppers at some point, but they've been saying for years that they're coming soon and they never seem to come. I wanted to play it safe and get what I can now so I'm not SOL for life.

24 minutes ago, COBrien said:

Cosmetic blems aren't difficult to deal with.

Worst case scenario, send your lower and the blem upper out for Cerakote.

Yup, easy fix but added cost unfortunately. I am in MA and have friends and family in CT. Crappy deal down there for sure. My bad on the Larue suggestion, I thought it was a match. Guess only the receiver is cut the same.

I'm planning on getting a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. I'm assuming 6.5 should function and feed properly with the Armalite B series magazines I have. Has anybody used these mags for 6.5 with success before?

I considered getting another after I got off the phone. Shipping was free because it is over $100, so if I decided to get another one it won't cost me any more. I'll just have to make the decision fairly soon to be safe.