• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Land of Fruits and Nuts

DNP

Howdy all.  Just getting started on my first 308 build.  Picked up a JD Machine matched upper/lower a little while back and will someday begin to gather parts(as fast as I can stash cash away from the wife).  Going to have one of those really fancy bullet buttons installed on this one thanks to all the fine folk here in Commifornia who don't believe law abiding citizens should own anything more dangerous than a q-tip.  I'd move, but the weather is awesome here in San Diego and work is still paying the bills at the moment.  Looking forward to soaking up as much info as I can....and unfortunately all I can share in return is photo help, graphic design, vinyl decals and maybe even a little land surveying.  Thanks for having me.

I love the San Luis Obispo area.  I went to Cal Poly SLO for a very short while and really loved living there.  Started off going into Civil Engineering, wound up a Land Surveyor.  Makes me wish I'd done a little more school work and a little less time on Greek row.

What bring you out to CA regularly?

The survey field thought GIS would come and go.  We should have been right there on the front of it as it came into the world.  I've taken a few GIS courses at a local school here and we've started a GIS department over the past few years (though I have nothing to do with it).  I'm a Party Chief and spend all my time out in the field surveying.  The things that can be done with GIS are just amazing! 

• 4 weeks later...

I love the San Luis Obispo area.  I went to Cal Poly SLO for a very short while and really loved living there.  Started off going into Civil Engineering, wound up a Land Surveyor.  Makes me wish I'd done a little more school work and a little less time on Greek row.

Geez, we have a lot in common...mine was guitars and four wheel drive trails...short visit, fun while it lasted.

tj