• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

anybody have a go- no go w/field gauge they'd be open to renting out?

MikeD

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

You say that now.:lmao:

It may be easier to bring the rifle to your local gunsmith and have them check headspace if it will truly be the only one.

Lol, yea, I thought about that as I typed it out.  But next build is a -15 for the girl. 

I vascilate between wanting to build the entire thing every step of the way myself and making all the learning mistakes, and making sure the most important thing on the rifle is done right and that the assy gets a look over by a gunsmith with much more experience than myself. So I think this, in some way, is an attempt to do both - do it myself without the purchase costs of something I'll use 1x and then have a pro check my work when I think I've got it correct to be sure 

In other good news, my CCW was approved yesterday. On the hunt for something that carries better than a G17 as my reward 

Edited by MikeD
more words

25 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

I daily a G43 with Vickers +2 baseplates. It’s a great shooter for a lil fella and accurate.

That's a great setup, trying to determine if I'm going to stick with 9mm or not.  Range near me demo's pistols, so I can try a few, next week

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

That's a great setup, trying to determine if I'm going to stick with 9mm or not.  Range near me demo's pistols, so I can try a few, next week

With a good holster I don’t print wearing a t and gym shorts, it’s the perfect ccw. I run +P Winchester Ranger Ammo, 17 rounds with the spare and one in the pipe. Any more than that and I need to get to a primary weapon system 

• 3 weeks later...

Do you still want to rent headspace gauges for a .308? I know this was a few weeks back; but I recently decided I need to be on the safe side with my build since it wasn't checked at the factory. I could possibly ship them out Saturday or early next week if you are ready and still in need. For all I care they can be passed around when you are finished. I don't plan on building another .308 this calendar year.