• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Asc mags

filthy phil

Are these mags crap? 
I load them up with xm80cl and after about 4 or 5 rounds they're rattling badly. 
So I unload them and that's a bitch in itself. 
Not slick at all. I see some rounds are nose diving. The tip wont clear the front of the mag. 
I'm used to slick mags: pmags. Ak mags. 
I bought 2 of the mags and dont really want to open the other package. 
My guns still coming so haven't tried with it yet 
Thanks

I've had issues with my .308 ACS mag. I have yet to modify the feed lips at all, but I had to file the mag catch hole to even make it work. I am sure that polishing the feed lips on mine would be enough to fix it; but a slight bend wouldn't hurt. The quality on the magazine was great, just needs to be adjusted. 

On a side note; I can't even load the last round in mine because it's so tight in the wrong way.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:44 PM, Lane said:

I've had issues with my .308 ACS mag.

I should have mentioned I have a 5 round ACS .308 magazine for hunting. I honestly don't care about the 5th round. I use magpul polymer magazines for almost everything else myself. Adjusting a metal magazine can't hurt (and might be necessary); but it should last a lifetime after that.

You could also just shoot 1,000 rounds and see if it gets better. That is why I didn't fret over my feed lips at all; I'm pretty sure it will get better with age.