• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Memorial Day 2019

98Z5V

1 hour ago, shooterrex said:

Sat in the parking lot of the Pentagon for 9 1/2 hours to ride in the parade at Rolling Thunder. So many bikes we filled ALL the parking lots of the Pentagon and had bikes on the interstate and city streets. The pics were taken at 0630 hrs.

I was there for Rolling Thunder in 2010, brother. We started the run by rolling down one of the airstrips that one of the planes took off from - one of the planes that were taken at 9/11.  It was one of the most memorable rides I'll ever go on in my life.  I've heard that this year was the last year for it, and that's a tragedy.  This run should never stop.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/05/27/npr-rolling-to-a-halt-memorial-day-motorcycle-rally-ends-30-year-tradition

14 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Sat in the parking lot of the Pentagon for 9 1/2 hours to ride in the parade at Rolling Thunder. So many bikes we filled ALL the parking lots of the Pentagon and had bikes on the interstate and city streets. The pics were taken at 0630 hrs.

20190526_063902.jpg

20190526_063858.jpg

20190526_063854.jpg

20190526_063849.jpg

20190526_063846.jpg

I can’t even imagine what this is like!!! Our local HD dealer has done the MDA TUB run for muscular dystrophy. It’s a huge turn out but tiny compared to this, we used to camp out on a corner and watch all the bikes past. I road In it a couple times too. It’s amazing the passion and power of us slezzball bikers 😬

The bikes started the parade at noon. 4 wide running close together. There were still bikes that hadn't started the parade at 4:30pm. That is a LOT of bikes. This is the only big ride a year I do. Really don't like large crowds . 4 or 5 bikes out riding is more my speed. The bunch I am with has been doing this ride since 2006. Still hard to comprehend the amount of motorcycles present even being there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure some folks will show up next year,  and the year after, and the year after...  I never let a piece of paper stop me from doing the right thing.  I am forever grateful for the huge showing of Patriotism that is back in favor.  I know some of my buddies have left this planet before America began to thank Veterans once again.  They all felt forgotten and abused,  I pray that somehow they are now aware of the change of spirit that lives here.  "  Tommy,  Eddie,  Lloyd,  they are all cheering you now,  I'm sorry you weren't here for the change,  but it happened,  Thank you Lord."