• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Memorial Day 2019

98Z5V

I got this email from Pipe Hitters Union on May 8th, and I saved it - for Memorial Day.  This sums it up greatly.  This is the text of the email:

"We are their legacy,
let our lives be a testament to their sacrifice."

Spending so many years at war overseas, I've lost many people. Some have been friends and some have been leaders and mentors; some both.

At this point in my life I've come to the conclusion that this life is not my own to live; it should be a testament to all of those that have been lost. If I do not use the time I have left to be a better person, leader, husband and father then I am not living up to what it is to be their legacy.

And if I don't use our experiences and time together to make those around me better in some small way, then I am wasting the gift of those months and years away from our families, living in misery and laughing regardless.

So whether it be on Memorial Day or any other day that passes where I remember someone no longer with us, I remind myself that I am who I am because I was pushed by giants of men. It helps me keep perspective but also reminds me that I am their legacy and I should strive to live a life worthy of their sacrifice.

~ Lincoln Osiris
President - Pipe Hitters Union 

^^^  What Lincoln said made me sit back and think.  Alot.  This is what we should all strive to do, daily.  I try my best, win some lose some, daily.  There's alot in what he stated that makes me reflect on what I've done, and what I do, and what I need to do.  Not a day goes by that you shouldn't learn something - once you stop learning, you stop growing.  Once you "know everything"...  you just refused to keep learning. 

We have gifts amongst us - each other.  Some people are great and this, while others are great at that. Amongst us, we're great at anything.  And everything.  Collectively, there's not any issue that can't be resolved, solved, trouble-shot, concluded.  What we have here is the greatest collection of like-minded problem solvers and professionals - in every area of everything - that you could ever hope to find. 

I tip my hat to you gentlemen - and to all those that sacrificed everything - so that we could even be here in the first place. 

God Speed, Warriors of the past, and Thank You for what you accomplished - so that we can accomplish.

Edited by 98Z5V

God bless our soldiers past and present, we owe a great deal to them. They are truly America's hero's. especially the ones who gave it all. We as a society can show our gratitude by staying of the course of freedom they fought and many died for. Without getting too political, unfortunately we have people here now that cares nothing about what our military has accomplished and cares nothing about our freedoms. We should NEVER let those people dictate what should happen here and what laws should be changed to fit their agenda. That's a total disgrace to all the men and women who have served.

Our warriors are the reason we are here today in this country with all the benefits we have let us always remember them for the sacrifice they gave for us, we too can give what we have to others to help them and out fellow brothers and sisters......pass on Knowledge ,so many on this site are awesome at that it is what has kept me here just help someone and the rest will take care of itself thank you to all who serve .....

Today we remember all those who served and haven't returned.  I miss you folks.  I address a friend here and now,  Fox, Charles T.  "Hey Tommy we're having another Bar B Que with the family.  Remember the time I was worried about buying that 7mm and what the wife would say and how I felt guilty?  You said get it now if that's what you want,  get it now there's no sense in waiting.  Enjoy yourself while you can.  I do.  I remember.  Those words come back to me often and regularly."  

we had our parade Saturday and its a silent awaited response when they arive and behind them is alot of sacrifices  on banners from our state. then the big rigs! didn't get a pic of the black hawk but he rattled some windows down town! 

20190528_195519.jpg

20190528_195502.jpg