• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Engine Builder's Pinnacle...

98Z5V

The Pinnacle of an Engine Builder - to be selected to rebuild the engine from the original Bigfoot, Bob Chandler's creation.  This was the original "monster truck" before the name existed.  As a kid, I saw this truck in person at GravelRama in 1978, and it made a lasting impression on a 10-year old...

Here's the engine rebuild series, and it's pretty badass to watch, as an engine builder.  :hail:

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Out of Currituck NC

Went on a vacation to Kill Devil Hills in 2006-ish...  Rolling down the road - and THERE'S GRAVE DIGGER!!!  Slammed brakes, slid off the road, went into the shop...  Unbelievable experience...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

53 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

You could say it left a mark on me. This was my high school vehicle. 

20180131_173801.jpg

20190625_082902.jpg

WOW did you live in a mud hole?... Kinda looks like where I was raised in North Texas...

Edited by mrmackc

That engine is based on the Ford shotgun hemi, a badazzed engine that should have seen a lot more use than it did. By the time Ford put it in production the Mopar Hemi was firmly entrenched as THE Hemi engine and the shotgun hemi had to go up against that. It didn't help that the gas crisis and EPA were just around the corner either.