• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

McGowan barrel

wideopen231

2 hours ago, wideopen231 said:

Looking at ordering a McGowen custom barrle for my 7mm-08 AR 10 build. Looking for any feed back on them good bad or even better suggestion

Wilson Combat carries that caliber, and it's in stock - no wait for a custom barrel.  Depends on what length/use you're looking for, though.  Here's what they have:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/7mm-08-Remington/products/979/

I'm glad to hear positive reviews on McGowan barrels. I've been looking at them for awhile now, and was actually introduced to them by SRS (Superior Rifle Systems), who sells "branded" McGowan barrels.

Considering an upper in a non-standard caliber in the next year or so, and McGowan was high on my list. Since Criterion doesn't sell anything other than the 2 or 3 hottest-selling calibers these days...

22 hours ago, wideopen231 said:

Looking at ordering a McGowen custom barrle for my 7mm-08 AR 10 build. Looking for any feed back on them good bad or even better suggestion

Never had one that I know of, I have seen them in the family though. All of the companies mentioned above can put out some good quality stuff. You gotta expect to pay a little more when you want something most of the crowd doesn't. Isn't enough money in it for Criterion to stock the 7mm-08 in the same quality standard as the rest of their stuff, too bad. Looking at those 7mm-08 barrels @98Z5V linked has me thinking of a build, those Wilson Combat barrels are cut from some quality stock, sweet looking barrels and shoot real tight for the money.

5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Looking at those 7mm-08 barrels @98Z5V linked has me thinking of a build, those Wilson Combat barrels are cut from some quality stock, sweet looking barrels and shoot real tight for the money.

I have the .338 Fed and the .260 Rem from them, and they're both lights-out shooters. That .260 is insane.  I need to work that .338 Fed load up and see what it'll do beyond 400. I've never taken it further than that before.  They're both very impressive, but that .260 is just stupid-accurate...  :thumbup::laffs: