• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sr762 uppers

Demian

3 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I believe the SR762 receivers were made by Matrix Aerospace and they are based on the Armalite AR-10 pattern. Any Armalite pattern upper should fit your SR762 lower.

Not an B model, I have tried both my Matrix receivers, one older one with Armalite thread pattern and a newer one with DPMS pattern, neither would pin up with my AR-10B in any combination, not even close. 

On 2/8/2020 at 8:31 AM, Demian said:

Does Ruger make any other piston uppers that fit the Sr762 lower? I'm looking at getting a 6.5 creedmoor piston upper and I'm not sure if other brand uppers will work. 

You may have to source one of the original-pattern Matrix upper receivers, and build your own upper.  DI will be the way, because I don't know of any aftermarket piston systems that work on .308ARs.  Well, I definitely know of a piston system for a .308AR, but it's not sold as an add-on - it's on complete guns.  @Robocop1051...   Think it would retrofit, brother?... Any plans on offering it as an add-on?...    :popcorn:  Pure instigation, right there - after the G43X magazine text I received today...  :laffs:

Your best bet in making this happen is placing a phonecall to Live Free Armory, in Florida.  The guy you'd mostly likely want to talk to about it would be Chris Reideman.  Tell him that .308AR.com sent you to him.  Seriously.

https://www.livefreearmory.com/receiver-sets.php

Edited by 98Z5V