• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

7 round pmag

mantawolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Contact Midwest PX, and see if they can do it - hell, they might, already, but I'm not sure.  I know they've successfully modified Pmags for reduced capacity in the past, offer them for sale in restricted states, and they do a great job. 

The legal ramifications are on you, though, to meet your own state's requirements, if that's what you're going for with a 7-rounder.

If Midwest PX doesn't already do it, then maybe you can convince them to do it, but it might cost you.  Contacting them is about the only way to find out. 

Phone is better than email.  Always. 

Insteading of editing my response above ^^^ and trying to save face...  :o

I'll flat-out admit that I missed your post-about-my-post second response, and I skimmed this thread...  :-[ 

I see NOW that Midwest PX was your source...  <dontknow> <laughs>

So does DPMS.  And theirs will fit more rifles...

Unless I missed something here, and I looked at DPMS web site, they list a 4 round, 10 round, and a 20 round for their .308 rifles.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/?cat=1512

ArmaLite will at least give you more options ranging from 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 round magazines, and cost less directly from their web site. Plus ArmaLite offers a magazine 5 pack bringing the price even lower yet.

http://www.armalite.com/Categories.aspx?Category=c70251ef-dba9-4037-a759-b2d36557d12d

or

http://www.armalite.com/Categories.aspx?Category=2bea26bc-fb03-4d9b-a3af-d035408f5cf6

• 3 months later...

You could make the p mag anything you want under 20 rounds,

remove the bottom cap, insert a trimed piece of wall corner protector, and if your laws are like mine, drill and install roll pins, when it holds what you want. If your in California, you may want to trim off the bottom of the mag where it says 20 rounds

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

If you shorten the mag, its better to trim a little off the spring. I made 10 rounders, 5 rounders, opps and a 11 rounder. need to take that one back apart and fix it.  <thumbsup>

That's interesting. About 20 years ago I converted a 30 rd. Orlite (similar in construction to Pmag) 5.56 mag from 30 round to 10 round by doing the same thing. I cut the spring down with a Dremel. I still have it and it works like a champ. Fits nice and flush with only the bottom plate sticking out.

At the time I bought 10 of the Orlite 30 rounders for $65 in anticipation of a federal ban, so figured I could sacrifice just one. Never thought of doing the same to a Pmag. I'll have to pick up a few more (only have one right now).

Thanks Horsemen!

So I go looking for a funny "Crayola Gun" picture on google to paste in here.

Low and behold people apparently use crayola crayons for letting filling on guns with great results even after many years.

This is why I hate the internet, its always giving me things to do.  And then I'll have to make yet another pic thread on this forum.

God, when will it end?  ::)

Made a couple of these last weekend.....just above the second rib will give you 10 rounds ...added a spacer for 5.... I got a nice clean square cut using a compound mitre saw....epoxied, drilled and pinned base.....came out better than expected and it was easy....might make a couple shorties for AR15 next