• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

6.5 creedmore build suggestions

bubbas4570

One of my brothers wants a 6.5 in the 308AR frame for hunting/long range to match up with his Ruger precision rifle in 6.5.

Nothing is purchased yet. Clean slate to start with. What are your guys suggestions.....

1. Complete rifle style and brand

2. Parts from which manufacturer:

Frames

Barrels

Lower

Handguards???

Thanks for your suggestions from those who know....

I  bought a Wilson Combat 6.5 Paul Howe barrel. It shoots REAL well.

I bought a Bear Creek complete upper and switched the barrel. It was on sale for $329. The Wilson barrel was a little over $300 but it shoots well and I think it was money well spent. I already had a lower and parts for the lower. CDNN has had Bushmaster lowers for $99.00 for a while now.

6 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

One of my brothers wants a 6.5 in the 308AR frame for hunting/long range to match up with his Ruger precision rifle in 6.5.

Nothing is purchased yet. Clean slate to start with. What are your guys suggestions.....

1. Complete rifle style and brand

2. Parts from which manufacturer:

Frames

Barrels

Lower

Handguards???

Thanks for your suggestions from those who know....

Heh!, Heh!, Heh!, thanks for letting us help you spend your brother's money, and since he's got a precision rifle, I'm gonna assume that only the best will do:

So lets get started!

Wilson Combat matched upper and lower in FDE, 14" Wilson TRIM handguard also in FDE,

Paul Howe 16" fluted barrel in stainless

Wilson Combat nickel boron BCG, charging handle, and 4lb single stage trigger, Wilson Combat extended bolt release, and their complete matched buffer and spring and the Roger's Super Stock..

He will love it, and it will shoot "lights out"!

I shot Miss Wilson last night, and she is just gorgeous, she goes above and beyond to put me in a happy place!

billy

not a doubt in my mind he will sell that Ruger and build him another Wilson, NOT ONE DAMN DOUBT!

Edited by billymagg