• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brass ejection angle / Buffer

FredHilkey

As it sits now . Red spring should be here this next week . Although I have orange spring , want to put red in first and go from there . Seeing How 98Z5V has been a huge help ,

I will p.m. him for a address and He will get some free parts if interested . No charge for parts or shipping . Not many shops around here that work or even have a clue , on weapons . They are just sellers . Thus , the Advice and Guidance that He has been providing , has been a True Blessing . 👍

Hopefully , I will be able to push a few rounds through next weekend to see how everything functions . 🙂

Fred H.

rifle.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So have both the Red spring that was recommended and the orange spring . Put the red spring in along the the new H3 buffer and the tanker style muzzle brake I added . Was able to run up the mountain behind My house for a few minutes this morning to run a few rounds through . Still seems to be ejecting at a 2 o;clock position , but they appeared to be clearing without issue's  , So as most have stated " Time to quit F'ing with it " .🙂 Was initially sighted in for 400 yards but dialed it back on a rough guess estimate for 100 yards . Based upon my target at 50 yards , I went to far , thus brought it back up , but need to go a little farther . Recoil was substantially less with heavier buffer , spring and brake . Picked up the brass , appears clean although a couple have scratch's . In the future , if I can get to the range ,  want to do a super slow mo video of ejection to see how it looks ?????????

Was in prone and standing on the rounds just below DC . . The couple of fliers was due to battling the sun over my left shoulder when I first fired .

Really want to Thank everyone for the Help . You are all Awesome .👍

Fred H.

20210306_112925.jpg

Edited by FredHilkey