• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lar-8 magazines

I have found the "metric" FAL mags are much more cooperative than the "inch" version.

The RRA-branded plastic mags made by Thermold work a lot smoother in mine than the steel mags, but they also require careful removal of some material to make them "drop-free". I recently ran across a Thermold-branded FAL mag and bought it just to make sure the RRA mags were really identical, and they are.

All that said, MY gun is an original Bushmaster BAR10 which is the predecessor to the RRA. Therefore the "fitting" required for the Thermolds to work properly may not be required in the newer RRA versions of the gun-IDK.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:39 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

Cool!  Have posted a picture of it somewhere?

I'll try to find one...

OK 1st pic as it was when I bought it secondhand. 2nd pic it has an Armson OEG mounted on the "carry handle". 3rd pic is a target shot at 100 yds with the OEG and Russian Brown Bear 145 gr FMJ. The dot in the OEG covers probably at least half a sheet of paper at 100 yds.

4th pic was a target shot using a scope on a carry handle mount. I had just gotten my suppressor and installed the QD adapter. This group was shot to check for POI shift and group size after the adapter install.

100_1087.jpg

100_1264.jpg

100_2432.JPG

100_4082.JPG