• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Raley's Tech Corner

BigNate

Well - I was digging for topics that dealt with the range of cartridges that could be made to work in the AR10 platform and I found Raley's Tech Corner - what a gold mine for the Armalite owner...   I love that some of the articles are written with a sense of humor...   For example - the one titled "TECH NOTE 29 RIFLE CLEANING 110404 REV 2.pdf" contains this gem...

"Remove the handguards to clean the barrel with a solvent-dampened rag. Protect the bore with a light coat of oil. Use a toothbrush to clean the nooks and crannies. Avoid brushing your teeth with that toothbrush later."

I actually almost spit my coffee... 

1 hour ago, BigNate said:

Well - I was digging for topics that dealt with the range of cartridges that could be made to work in the AR10 platform and I found Raley's Tech Corner - what a gold mine for the Armalite owner...   I love that some of the articles are written with a sense of humor...   For example - the one titled "TECH NOTE 29 RIFLE CLEANING 110404 REV 2.pdf" contains this gem...

"Remove the handguards to clean the barrel with a solvent-dampened rag. Protect the bore with a light coat of oil. Use a toothbrush to clean the nooks and crannies. Avoid brushing your teeth with that toothbrush later."

I actually almost spit my coffee... 

Mrraley is the best source there is for information on Genseo, Ill. produced AR10’s like you have. And which are the best in my opinion. I really appreciate he posted those here as they are no longer available through Armalite.