• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision M5 Bronze Digiwash Build

mark959022

I am starting a new build. It is actually my first AR build. If you see a mistake please let me know. I thought it would be fun to compile a list of different parts and how they work together as well as the weights of the individual components incase it's helpful to anyone else. A lot of weights are available at the manufacture website but not all. 

Aero Precision M5 stripped lower receiver painted in Bronze Digiwash painted by Weapon Works in Burlington, NC (12.1 ounces)
Geissele Automatics SSA-E Trigger 05-160  (2.1 ounces)
Aero Precision M5 upper receiver painted in Bronze Digiwash with factory forward assist and dust cover installed (14.4 ounces)
Geissele Super Charging Handle PN 05-476 (1.4 ounces)
Aero Precision M5 ATLAS R-ONE M-LOK Handguard 15" painted in Bronze Digiwash (10.3 ounces)
Aero Precision Atlas Handguard Mounting Hardware (4.7 ounces)
Mission First Battlelink Minimalist Stock Scorched Dark Earth BMSMIL SDE (6 ounces)

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More parts:

IMG_0009.heic

IMG_0010.heic

IMG_0011.heic

IMG_0012.heic

IMG_0126.heic

Too Shiny?

IMG_0132.heic

IMG_0133.heic

I also ordered an Armalite ar-10 rifle length gas tube because the aero precision gas tube was short. The armalite tube was actually a little too long.
I thought I took a picture of the Aero Precision gas tube but apparently I did not. This is the Armalite tube:

IMG_0135.heic

I used a Faxon 18" heavy fluted barrel and a Superlative Arms adjustable Gas Block

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Curious has to how you like the feel, balance and the minimalist stock. I know when I added a couple of more ounces to the end of my 16" barrel, it felt a lot different.  So I'm switching to a lighter brake, and maybe a lighter scope after hunting season.