• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Have we succeeded?

imschur

• 4 weeks later...

When I set out to start doing websites and forums a few years ago I had a few goals.

1. No elitism

2. Friendly and fun

3.Gentle to newbies and no question is stupid.

4.Promote the platform(s)

5. Raise awareness and understanding of the variations and differences. (everything isn't an AR-10, no 308 uppers on AR-15's etc )

Have we succeeded? Are we different?

Not looking for praise, just honest feedback. You wont hurt my feelings.

The site is nice, and definitely laid back and a nice kind of quiet place compared to many other sites I find myself on.

One thing, if I might: When a person hits the board, maybe a header where you can directly pick what you are looking for; ie forums of ass't. nature (General forum, tech, DPMS, AR10, off topic, etc.)

Right now, a new member will have to take a left at Albuquerque  <dontknow>and then go 3 stoplights to get to the general forums here. But other-wise??? A really nice house you have here. Thanks for having me!

All I can say is if the flood gates ever blow open try your best to keep the same level of atmosphere.

I have no doubt some of the REALLY large and popular forums out there (aka BARFCOM, m1911.org - etc etc) were once a top notch website and had a much better atmosphere. Huge membership numbers and big dollar sponsors pretty much allow the garbage can atmosphere to prosper because there is no incentive to deturret such behavior.

Personally I love it here.  A lot of it is way beyond what I want to do and some of the talk just goes over my head.  I came looking for 308AR info and found that plus more.  Everyone has been friendly and knowledgeable.

I don't have a lot to offer as I don't claim to be an expert at anything.  I know just enough about a lot of things to get me in trouble with them all  <laughs>

Thanks for the forum guys.

I've been a member in a lot of forums, shooting, muscle cars and Harleys, and this forum stands out in the quality of members and the diligence of the moderators. The only fault I can find is the acronyms! Some of them I have a devil of a time figuring out, but I guess the longer I'm here the better I'll get at it. This board is NOT as bad as brianenos.com about the acronyms though!