• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I did it again

survivalshop

Last night at work a fellow shootest asked if I wanted to buy his DPMS complete lower assem. that he has had (new ) for years .

I kept telling him he should sell it to me because he will never finish it & last night he asked me if I still wanted to buy it ,of course we haggled about it for ten seconds & I bought a unused complete 308 lower  for $ 300.00 .

Now I have to figure what I want to do with it. I know that funny collapsible stock is gone , maybe not first ,but its gone .

I kinda like to keep my ammo on the easy to get & replace side of things . I went with a 300 BLK on one rifle for hog & Deer hunting down here . Going to another cal. is not my normal thinking, but is interesting .

You guys are going to make me think & do research on it though ,but it may just end up another 308 ,well maybe ,interesting , whats so good about the 338 ? I don't know squat about it.

Ya and then another set of dies , brass , bullets , you guys ,I 'm trying to retire . <lmao>

I'm also not sure whether the performance of the .338 justifies the expense of gearing up to load/shoot another cartridge. I have not personally had the opportunity to try it for myself. I also have an upper/lower receiver set that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. I'd like to do something different than I've done in the past in order to keep it interesting for me. Other than going with a different caliber, (.338 Fed, .260, etc.) the only other thing I think of to make it more interesting for me would be to use the next one as a test platform for trying out different technologies, like the melonite, fail zero, maybe that barrel sleeve, maybe try my hand at powdercoating the gun FDE to see how durable it is. I wish that I could experiment with suppressors, that really WOULD get me excited again!