• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Barrels

bamalink51

Hiya Bama    Ive had one of these...couldnt get it off my build fast enough <laughs>  yes its priced right.. yes its accurate...yes you will need a  small crane to help lift it up to your shoulder <laughs>  Are you in your mid 3o's? over 6'3" and go to the gym daily?  if not....dont get this one <munch>  Wash

Nonsense!

Bama, get the barrel you want and know it will be heavy.

Then, with a Rambo-headband and no shirt, pop in that Survivor cassette tape and crank Eye Of The Tiger while busting out 4-count rifle drills to the beat!  Before you know it, you'll be spinning that rifle like a drumstick between your fingers!

Jon

The SASS is a bull barrel that's fluted....not cosmetic fluting..deep fluted to take extra weight out and for cooling....Wouldn't dismiss it over the gas block issue.....DPMS didn't make the barrel huge under the handguard just to sell you a proprietary gas block

And why not , the other std gas block sizes work just fine on other barrels. I think DPMS would make every thing proprietary if the could get away with it , just look at what they did to there upper receiver rail height . I know there is probably other reasons they did it ,but that one sticks out more .

As he said though , its just a gas block ,if that's the barrel you want , go for it , it gets good reports.

The. 308 a is heavy to start with and we are just giving a heads up. How about more details, is this going to be a bench rifle or is it going to be carried around? What are your goals for range?  Looks?

[/quote

As far as goals I would like to be shooting 600+ yards eventually.  Yeah I kind of figured they were going to be heavy.  As far as looks I'm going for maybe the m110/sr25 clone look.

Bama ...if you get this barrel dont buy the high priced dpms gas block thats 90 bucks......jse surplus has the one that fits for right around 20 bucks...thats where i got my  sass barrel and gas block  <thumbsup>  Wash

Wash thanks for the website if I go that route that will save me some money.  What should I be looking for in a barrel?  And to answer your questions from your first post there all yes hahaha

Nonsense!

Then, with a Rambo-headband and no shirt, pop in that Survivor cassette tape and crank Eye Of The Tiger while busting out 4-count rifle drills to the beat!  Before you know it, you'll be spinning that rifle like a drumstick between your fingers!

Jon

Plane,  as long as I have corn pones and redeye gravy in my system I can do anything. Hahaha

And why not , the other std gas block sizes work just fine on other barrels. I think DPMS would make every thing proprietary if the could get away with it , just look at what they did to there upper receiver rail height . I know there is probably other reasons they did it ,but that one sticks out more .

As he said though , its just a gas block ,if that's the barrel you want , go for it , it gets good reports.

What's the deal with the reciever height?  What should I be looking for in a reciever?

Nonsense!

Jon

can't wait to meet you on my next arizona trip ;D  although i'd go with europe and the final countdown <lmao> <laughs> or how about salt an peppa push it?  <laughs>

What's the deal with the reciever height?  What should I be looking for in a reciever?

good ol' dpms decided to change receiver heights after a few years of production, just to mess with people. many aftermarket rail makers offer something for both. have you decided on a receiver yet?

Wash thanks for the website if I go that route that will save me some money.  What should I be looking for in a barrel?  And to answer your questions from your first post there all yes hahaha

Bama    <laughs> Okay then.. go for the sass....the sass was moa ... I just couldnt tote it <laughs>  Wash

can't wait to meet you on my next arizona trip ;D  although i'd go with europe and the final countdown <lmao> <laughs> or how about salt an peppa push it?  <laughs> good ol' dpms decided to change receiver heights after a few years of production, just to mess with people. many aftermarket rail makers offer something for both. have you decided on a receiver yet?

Edge,  i havent decided yet on a reciever.  I"ve been looking at the maten but i dont know if the wife will let the wallet tote it.  Any suggestions?