• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Action Rod

NightStalker

I tried the brownells that works backwards, clamp the barrel wrench in the vise and use a torque wrench on the action rod. works for both small and large frame. I like the idea of being concentric with the torque. Jury is still out about clamping the wrench in the vise and standing frame/ barrel on end. 

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/barrel-tools/308-ar-barrel-extension-torque-tools-prod72374.aspx

24 minutes ago, Albroswift said:

I tried the brownells that works backwards, clamp the barrel wrench in the vise and use a torque wrench on the action rod. works for both small and large frame. I like the idea of being concentric with the torque. Jury is still out about clamping the wrench in the vise and standing frame/ barrel on end. 

Not sure I’d like the backwards set up, sounds awkward from what I’m use to

Does sound awkward. Used it once worked pretty good. Torque wrench centers on the bore, like that part. $39.00, like that part also. Didn't try a muzzle device yet but be the same idea. Funny thing, link says 308 but I'm sure I used mine on small frame. Have to dig it out and look again.  

• 7 months later...
On 6/10/2022 at 4:42 AM, Albroswift said:

Does sound awkward. Used it once worked pretty good. Torque wrench centers on the bore, like that part. $39.00, like that part also. Didn't try a muzzle device yet but be the same idea. Funny thing, link says 308 but I'm sure I used mine on small frame. Have to dig it out and look again.  

Knights makes a dual spline version I saw at Midway last evening, $100 and out of stock no backorder:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022862662?pid=437619