• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New York (facepalm)...

21 minutes ago, dpete said:

Maybe so.  But you are our resident NY expert. Most of the rest of us are just glad we live in free states.😄

He's just our Resident Victim, here.  I don't think there are any "experts" in NYS.  Just a bunch of people making shiit up, and the massive amount of remaining LibTards that still live there and think it's great, FAR OUTNUMBERS the remaining people with Common Sense.  Hence, bullshiit gets passed into law, and the real Americans that are trapped there get fucked by it all. 

NYS has ONE GOAL in supposed "Gun Safety Laws" - beat whatever California comes up with.

Ol' Gavin Newsom just came up with a DOOZY for Cali, too.  Let's see NYS beat THAT one...

Entirely BACK on track, for a rare occasion (by me)...   :laffs:\

Did NYS ever unfuck that stupid law they passed on "body armor."  They completely boned that rush-job up, badly.  They fucked it up so bad that Homer Simpson is saying...

Homer Simpson : The Simpsons Doh 4 by diman_213 Sound Effect - Tuna

On 7/23/2022 at 9:04 PM, 98Z5V said:

Did NYS ever unfuck that stupid law they passed on "body armor."  They completely boned that rush-job up, badly.  They fucked it up so bad that Homer Simpson is saying...

No they did not. They doubled down on the stupidity. In an extraordinary session following the Bruen decision, called under a Message of Necessity; NYS legislature drafted and passed more new laws which includes fully banning the sale of all body armor (where the old law only banned the sale of soft body armor) to anyone not in Law Enforcement or other similar class: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/S51001

Section 11 amends penal law section 270.20, replacing the former defined
term "body vest" with a new definition of the term "body armor," which
includes any product that is a personal protective body covering
intended to protect against gunfire, and would include hard body armor.

Regarding the gel blaster announcement from the NYPD... I found the relevant NYC administrative code § 10-131. Firearms:

b. Air pistols and air rifles; selling or possessing. 1. It shall be unlawful for any person to
sell, offer to sell or have in such person's possession any air pistol or air rifle or similar
instrument in which the propelling force is a spring or air
, except that the sale of such
instruments if accompanied by delivery to a point without the city, and possession for
such purpose, shall not be unlawful if such per son shall have secured an annual license
from the police commissioner of the city authorizing such sale and possession.

That really does encompass the majority of children's toys. I haven't used one; but the reported range of a gel blaster is a mere 25 yards. A super soaker uses a propelling force of air. Most Nerf darts are also propelled by air. Purely spring propulsion is typically used in actual toys. I can't come up with even a weak BB gun that's not considered Spring-Air, which would run afoul with the air propelling force clause anyway. 

Australia went this route banning all sorts of toys. It is rather absurd to me... Who felt it was necessary to outlaw toys that would actually get kids to go outside and play

5 hours ago, Lane said:

Who felt it was necessary to outlaw toys that would actually get kids to go outside and play

And possibly learn safety and respect for guns with that first BB gun. I don't remember the name of the study but it was rock solid proof that firearms education lowers the rate of firearms deaths, all firearms deaths across the board, then again that requires a parent to oversee the child, might be too late for a place like nyc though, probably nobody smart enough to play with a BB gun left there.

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

And possibly learn safety and respect for guns with that first BB gun. I don't remember the name of the study but it was rock solid proof that firearms education lowers the rate of firearms deaths, all firearms deaths across the board, then again that requires a parent to oversee the child, might be too late for a place like nyc though, probably nobody smart enough to play with a BB gun left there.

Truth family that shoots together stays together, unless someone has mental health issues that would be know to parents that are actually involved with the family.