• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hi all

MAGTIKI

Hi everyone!  I have visited the 308AR forum several times and really like what you guys have going on here, I am glad to have been able to join your fine forum.

My Dad and I will be building our first AR's (308 cal. which is how we found your forums) over this coming year.  We really dont have a parts list yet aside from the basic DPMS 308 lower parts kits and our home built lower receivers (tactical machine).  Aside from those items we are considering DPMS complete assembled uppers in 7.62 nato (so we could use either surplus or factory loaded 308) with the 20" 1 in 10 barrel.

We will be lurking all over this forum and learning as much as we can from all of you.  Thanks in advance for all the help.

We really dont have a parts list yet aside from the basic DPMS 308 lower parts kits and our home built lower receivers (tactical machine).  Aside from those items we are considering DPMS complete assembled uppers in 7.62 nato (so we could use either surplus or factory loaded 308) with the 20" 1 in 10 barrel.

We will be lurking all over this forum and learning as much as we can from all of you.  Thanks in advance for all the help.

That's incredibly cool - and if you can machine the 80% lowers, you can very easily assemble some uppers.  Give that a shot before you guys decide to buy some that are already assembled.  You'd have the satisfaction of saying you built up the whole thing(s).  <thumbsup>

Welcome aboard, guys. 

That's incredibly cool - and if you can machine the 80% lowers, you can very easily assemble some uppers.  Give that a shot before you guys decide to buy some that are already assembled.  You'd have the satisfaction of saying you built up the whole thing(s).  <thumbsup>

TM also sells finished lowers... They might have gone that route. Even so, I encourage everyone to build their own uppers. The satisfaction is paramount and in the end you will have EXACTLY what you want.

Welcome to your new addiction.

That's incredibly cool - and if you can machine the 80% lowers, you can very easily assemble some uppers.  Give that a shot before you guys decide to buy some that are already assembled.  You'd have the satisfaction of saying you built up the whole thing(s). 

yeah, we did the machining and just got them back from the anodizer; they look amazing!!!  I was considering building the entire thing like you mention but to say that I have a budget is putting it mildly and from what I have seen the parts add up rather quickly.  unless there is some secret parts broker you guys use..... "oh please oh please"...... I am kinda stuck having to start with the assembled upper since it is really all i can afford.