• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rear Iron

After the Turkey Shoot yesterday, I ran two mags full through Liberty.

Function was flawless but the cheap BUS on there is out of synch with the front from RRA. With the small peep, shots were WAY low. Spinning the dial up to the large peep (only two options on this cheap flip-up) allowed enough visibility to adjust Kentucky-elevation enough to ring steel.

Eventually I want to get an Eotach for this shorty but I want a different rear sight yesterday.

Was looking at the MBUS, and now am thinking maybe a standard A2-style may be good.

What do you guys think?

I don't want to adjust the front sight until I get the new rear sight.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Well Captain Impulse got tired of waiting.  Went to Sportsman's and all they had for the MBUS was the DE, so I got that, then looked in the scope counter (when will I ever learn?).

SW currently has the Eotech 512.A65 in TAN on sale for $380.  Well, that kinda matches the MBUS.

I took pics but I'm having trouble posting them with the iMac...getting the message "format not recognized" even though it is jpeg.

Oh well...I can see it.  <laughs>

Jon

Well Captain Impulse got tired of waiting.  Went to Sportsman's and all they had for the MBUS was the DE, so I got that, then looked in the scope counter (when will I ever learn?).

SW currently has the Eotech 512.A65 in TAN on sale for $380.  Well, that kinda matches the MBUS.

I took pics but I'm having trouble posting them with the iMac...getting the message "format not recognized" even though it is jpeg.

Oh well...I can see it.  <laughs>

Jon

Even though you already bought, I saw some good deals at optics planet with a coupon code that worked on Troy,GGG and MI BUIS.