• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Predecessor, kind of...

98Z5V

This one rifle led to a TON of "precision .308AR guns" by itself. 

There were many of us that were into this before this rifle came out, and we did what we could do, to make them accurate, work, function, slay dragons, etc. - hence, the entire reason for this board in the first place, and why this place exists. 

Watch this vid, check it out.  It's not too long.  Fire up any questions afterwards - this is a great vid, for this platform...  :hail:

Before this gets too deep, let's go to the origin.  Eugene Stoner.

Well shiit, he developed the first AR-10 (Fairchild/Armalite, founded 1954), and that led to the AR-15. 

Here's history on that, to avoid confusion:

https://www.armalite.com/Armalite/About-Us

Later on, Colt developed the future AR-15s (M16s) for military use - and Eugene Stoner worked for them, when that happened.  Period, End of story.  Colt didn't do it.  The man they hired did...

Okay, so now into the future - the Knight's SR-25 .308 Win rifle.  C Reed Knight didn't develop that rifle - he hired Eugene Stoner, and Eugene Stoner came up with the SR-25 rifle.  Yeah, real story.  The SR-25 turned into the KAC M-110.  There's no wonder why, or how that happened.

There's a very critical Common Demoninator in all this - and it's Eugene Stoner... 

And here we are...  

Edited by 98Z5V

This is one of @98Z5V 's more subtle attacks, and it's beautiful in it's scheme and execution. It's sort of the antithesis to "the rule", but equally effective. In this attack, you are reminded of the awesomeness of something you already have, in an attempt to make you crave some more of it, which may naturally be followed by "buyers regret" at the realization that you really only needed one to begin with, which may then possibly lead to selling it to him at a substantial discount. It's despicable, and I love it!

50 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Hmmmmm. That rifle looks mighty similar to one of the rifles I built. :laffs:

Indeed, it does - but you may not immediately recognize it (or be able to find it), once you're reunited with it...   :laffs:   If I set it off to the side, in the dirt, you won't see it...  :lmao:

35 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

This is one of @98Z5V 's more subtle attacks, and it's beautiful in it's scheme and execution. It's sort of the antithesis to "the rule", but equally effective. In this attack, you are reminded of the awesomeness of something you already have, in an attempt to make you crave some more of it, which may naturally be followed by "buyers regret" at the realization that you really only needed one to begin with, which may then possibly lead to selling it to him at a substantial discount. It's despicable, and I love it!

I would never...   :thefinger::banana::laffs:

Don't you talk about here on the board - what we talk about on the phone...  :bat::lmao:

You guys pay attention to that Armalite AR-10 Super SASS vid I posted above?  You hear the differences in the two platforms, and why?  The guy does a great job explaining what's going on inside the AR-10, and why.  Shiit I've been preaching for years here.   I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:

EDIT - And I STILL don't own a single Armalite AR-10...   :laffs:   That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the design - they ALL need to be designed that way - or you need to work on them to make them function right...   :bat:

Edited by 98Z5V

On 4/16/2023 at 7:19 PM, Matt.Cross said:

In retrospect, brother, from the past few recent posts back and forth, this post from you makes me happy.  I used the psychological trailer, in another way, and I got you.  I'm glad you're doing it, and it'll make an amazing future - but I got you.  :banana::thumbup:

Go make great things happen, brother.  :hail:

For a kicker, the quote from you is already what's inside you...   This one, right here...

On 4/16/2023 at 7:19 PM, Matt.Cross said:

In this attack, you are reminded of the awesomeness of something you already have, in an attempt to make you crave some more of it,

Edited by 98Z5V