• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

JARD Trigger

bandit10-4

I have been buying JARD triggers for years and the last time I ordered, I ordered some extras.  They are at a discounted price ofcourse and I think I have a couple for AR-15s and a couple for the DPMS LR308.  I will find the receipt and you guys can have them for whatever I paid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bandit10-4

Do you still have one of the 308 triggers? If so I'd like to buy one. Please let me know.

Jgun, I just bought a new lower with the Jard in it, and at this price the trigger can't be beat. No matter where you end up getting one, you will not regret it. It is an excellent trigger!

Bandit 10-4

I sent you a money order a couple of days ago for the .308 trigger and sent you an email to that effect. Since that time I have been told that the POF .308 lower I'm going to use actually takes an AR-15 trigger and not the .308 trigger. I haven't contacted POF to verify that yet but maybe one of the members can tell me if that is correct. If so, are you able to sell me an AR-15 trigger instead of the .308?

Bandit 10-4

I sent you a money order a couple of days ago for the .308 trigger and sent you an email to that effect. Since that time I have been told that the POF .308 lower I'm going to use actually takes an AR-15 trigger and not the .308 trigger. I haven't contacted POF to verify that yet but maybe one of the members can tell me if that is correct. If so, are you able to sell me an AR-15 trigger instead of the .308?

I'm going off of memory here but I don't think it's cause for concern. The .308 and regular ARs will typically run the same triggers, however, lighter triggers for the AR-15s can cause the heavier .308s to double or fire repeatedly under improper trigger control and are therefore not recommended. To the best of my knowledge the Jard trigger for the .308 and the AR-15 are one and the same. Correct me if I'm wrong here fellas...

I think the problem is with AR-15 specific aftermarket triggers used in a .308 semi - lighter hammers and lighter hammer springs for an AR-15 won't always ignite a 7.62 military hard primer.  The strike with a lighter hammer and lighter hammer spring might not be enough to set off a hard .mil 7.62 primer in some surplus ammo (from other countries). 

The parts will all fit from one to another, typically - AR-15 to AR-10/.308 AR.  FCG pockets are all milled the same.  It just depends on what kind of ammo you typically shoot, or will shoot, through the rifle.  The lighter trigger for an AR-15 wouldn't necessarily cause a .308 AR to double fire or fire repeatedly - those lighter triggers could cause the .308 AR to NOT fire, with .mil 7.62 surplus hard-primered stuff.  They can't "dent it" enough.  <thumbsup>

• 2 weeks later...

Maaaaaaan, I put that trigger in today, bandit...  WOW!!!    Took me about an hour to set it all up, but it is SWEET!  I've got a 1.5lb trigger in my bolt gun, and this 2lb trigger feels better than that one.  Unreal improvement.  <thumbsup>

Thanks a TON for selling me this thing. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...