• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ARV-9

jwb47

I bought me a new carbine for pistol caliber carbine and 2 gun matches . This thing is a blast to shoot . It's a palmetto state armory ar-v 9mm . I topped it off with a c-more railway sight . Definitely A fun gun . I also put together a PSA dagger topped with a holosun red dot to go with it .

IMG_4578.jpeg

• 8 months later...

Nice!

I like PCCs. And for certain niche roles PCCs fit them very nicely. Story in a bit.

I was waiting in my Drs waiting room today and he knows that I shoot competitively and that he can talk to me about firearms. So seeing me he sat next to me and told me that he was just at the LGS looking for a home defense gun. Then he proceeded to rattle off a bunch of handgun names, some of the models were compacts. IMO totally unsuited for a noob for what he wants it for*. When it was my turn to talk I suggested that instead of a handgun which requires lots of practice, to instead get a PCC. He immediately saw the sense in that and realized on his own that it simplifies aiming. I'm willing to help any decent person and give of my time and suggested that we first shoot some of mine so that he can get experience, and then go to the LGS to see what they have. I don't know how deep he wants to go into the rabbit hole. We'll see. I have some stuff that's ideal for the purpose but again, I don't know how deep he wants to go into the rabbit hole. 

* Why do gun shops show people guns that they are unlikely to ever use effectively? I just don't understand that and this gun shop should know better. They suggested a Hellcat to him. I happen to like the Hellcat but he's not me.  He's someone who wants something he can use for home defense and is unlikely to practice enough with a compact or ANY handgun to be proficient with it. A full size handgun is difficult enough. Oh well. I'll straighten him out and get him something he AND his wife can both use or even have 2 of, one for each. 

OK story time. But not so much about the PSA PCC, just PCCs in general. 6 years ago a few miles away a cop was executed with his own handgun. The cop killer drove a few miles down the road and into my very rural AO, thousands of densely forested acres. We woke to the sound of choppers and fixed wing aircraft overhead. An armored vehicle was in my neighbors driveway, soon to be in ours. A K9 unit was in the back 40 and my curtilage. Making the story short, the cop killer had been <30 yards from our heads as we slept. We spent 2 days with heavy LE presence and a total of 4 days with slung long arms when doing chores or visiting neighbors until he was found. Slung long guns got old REAL fast. Back then the best I could do was a bullpup but even that was better than a 16" MSR. I saw the light regarding PCCs and specifically PCCs with a SBR configuration. It'll probably never happen again, but if a zombie horde ever comes this way I can do chores w/o my rifle banging into everything and take care of the brain eaters out to the limits of where I can see them and where they can walk. As soon as USPSA had a PCC division I was all over it. Yeah, PCCs are fun! And a valuable tool for the right use. 

1 hour ago, BrianK said:

As soon as USPSA had a PCC division I was all over it. Yeah, PCCs are fun! 

IPSC PCC has become quite popular in Canada with current gun laws( soon to be changed after next election) 

The rule book https://www.ipsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/IPSC-Pistol-Caliber-Carbine-Competition-Rules-Jan-2024-Edition-Final-27-Dec-2023.pdf

A quick goggle search shows the USPSA is also offering PCC matches as to your area you'll have to look into that.