• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

they sent me my upper

NoFail

I ordered a slick side upper. That's not what they shipped  >:(

I called them and chick tells me they aren't making them now. I asked for dude, Eric, who sold me this poop. "Oh he's busy with customer now", and he never called me back and they said he's gone when i called back looking for him. So I spent most of the weekend fuming. At one

point I was convinced that I would sell this set. Getting

over it, kinda, I don't feel like dealing with all that B.S. anymore so...... So the product is real good I think. It's up to you whether or not you want to deal with this outfit or not. That's all I got to say about that.

So yeah they sent me upper with forward assist fkg hole. I went to hardware store as I knew they had black chrome hole plugs and stuff. They didn't have hole plug to work in 1/2" I.D. of FA but they did have custom bolt head caps and one of them was 1/2" O.D. I think it looks pretty good. Picture will explain....

post-1757-136297273857_thumb.jpg

post-1757-136297273865_thumb.jpg

Frankley, I'v got slick sides, and foward assists.

I'v used the fa's just enough to wish I had it on all my AR's.

It always seems that I want the FA on the gun that

dosen't have it.

I'll never buy another upper without the FA.

Respectfully

Terry

I appreciate that Terry. I'm hoping that this .308 had enough spring & buffer that comes back hard enough. They slam harder than AR 15's. If not then you're right & then at least I can go there if I have too.

Looks good brother NoFail to bad it's not exactly what you payed for,60'ft. garage awesome.

Thanks Brother unforgiven  :D

Non worries anymore I'm sure I will be happy when she 100% with good glass and everything and I'm out yonder

shootin'.

Nofail ,

Looks really good. I know how you feel. All you guy had to read my problems with the unthreaded bolt catch pin. It doesn't seem like it well ever get here or get fixed when we get so anxious about are stuff.

Is that a 240, 260 or a 280z. I have not seen one in a long time. Nice garage.

How do I get pictures up. Thank you for yours.

Hi Bob, how was your weekend? That is a '72 240Z highly modified, I got a great deal on her a few years back.

To post pics you probably have to re-size them first. I use the Paint program in the Accessories folder if you are running on a PC. open your pic from Paint and find the re-size tool. I usually go 40% of original size with mine, if that's not enough then open it back up and go 80 or 90% of original.

Nofail,

Weekend was great. Slipped out to the gun show while my lovely bride was napping. Friends said I was a big idiot. Fred said it was a test. Oh well I had to get my upper. I'm willing to pay the price . All is well I have my upper. I know all you guy get it. RIGHT???

Update: okay I'm over it now, I like it and not mad about anything anymore. I will be happy please excuse my rants from before....

Right now a lapping tool is being made for the upper receiver. You can buy these tools for AR15 but can't find for our large receivers. I found a gun smith who works with AR15 but wants to get in with the bigger platform so he is having tool made for himself. I'll detail all this lapping thing later with Pics as we do it. It's easy with the tool.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Bother No Fail... that is looking really nice. Just as a note: I have used the Forward Assist a couple of times, but because the system got dirty and I didn't have quiet enough gas to charge it right I suspect. with brass stuck in the receiver and a new round part in, I didn't fully pull back as I didn't want to pick up yet another round.

It is great to see your pics as it is very close to what i want my next build to be... a bit more of a carbine than what I have now, lighter and more maneuverable but with guts behind it (not a 223, if I go with that format I will go 6.5 Grendel). That is great stuff you bought for your weapon too... JD and JP... a JP barrel should be top shelf stuff too. I like there side cocking handle receiver but I don't think that is available as just a receiver set.

I didn't have a proper receiver vice/insert or wrench (and I bought a monster adjustable that didn't fit either) when I did the barrel nut. so I jimmied something up and approximated 30 foot pounds. I have a Samson barrel nut without the holes in it for the more typical barrel nut and it seems to work great (approx 300 rounds down the tube without any sign of slacking off).

What do you need the lapping for No Fail? is it just the barrel or to do with something else?

Andreas, this here > http://308ar.com/forum/accurizing-the-308ar/my-upper-now-lapped/

Maybe it does make difference I cannot truly know. but it makes sense to me....

I have not shot it yet. I put a cheap red dot site i have on her for now. Thought I might go out to the range

Saturday but the weather was horrible after all. But she ready to get broke in now. Will be interesting to find out how she functions. But in working bolt with charge handle the bolt seems to engage barrel extention lugs very smoothly, like right on target in there. Pmags I have fit nice and fall out on their own when I push mag release. Cycled rounds through her and they load and extract nicely like that anyway.... Might try again Saturday for the range.......

Nice build!  It sucks that JD treated you like that.  Just be forward about things and provide good service, that's all I ask.  Let us know how she shoots.

I LOVE YOUR GARAGE!  I need one like that!

All is well that which ends well. Pmags seem to fit well. I warmed up to the upper with FA. I really like it now, it looks good. Nice form, now have to test function.

Only problem with garage is the extended family members who think it is their free storage space......