• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Credit Card Tracking

Primeh1alpha

On 3/2/2024 at 7:53 AM, shepp said:

May I ask what the difference is between my own device and one supplied by my employer tracking/listening and steeling my data is? Seems pretty tomato/potato to me…….

i get your point, but

I'd shut the work device off - completely - when clocking out.  Wouldn't turn it on, until clocked in.  Unless on call, like Eric stated, but I'd set a way up for that.  Work has a call center or something, right?   Just send me a text on my personal number, to turn my work phone on.

I don't need a work smart phone tracking a single thing that I do, at all, ever, unless it's 100% work related. 

I'd Never, ever use a personal phone for work.  Hell, even in the Army - they issued Blackberry devices, but those weren't modern smart phones. 

I don't need work accessing anything that's personal.  I don't have a reason to hide anything - they just have no reason to know that much about me.  Period.  If there's a reason that work would require a smart phone - then pony up and provide it, and provide the service then.  I'll use your device for what you require for work.  Done.  :thumbup:

Watch this, brother...

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I'd shut the work device off - completely - when clocking out. 

Also - smart phone shiit...   Just because you - YOU - turn your phone off...   That doesn't mean that someone else can't turn on the speaker - yes, even "powered down" - or the camera, or the video, or the GPS...   You just powered it down, but those devices on a smart phone can still be activated...  trust me or not on that one...  I'm just sayin'...   

Same thing with smart TVs...   Look it up...  

My toaster talked to me once.  It got the 45-70.

People don't seem to talk about modern cars and the built in 'technology' Things like OnStar or similar features, microphones can be turned on remotely/location tracking etc.

Wired magazine( back in 2015) did an interesting article on car hacking and how one could remotely take over a car. With new cars using 'fly by wire' vs direct feedback and wifi update there are a number of weak spots. Even though is know,not a lot has been done as far as security to prevent this by the auto companies.

22 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

People don't seem to talk about modern cars and the built in 'technology' Things like OnStar or similar features

Truth.  True Story here - I ran a .mil leadership school from late 2004 to early 2006.  I had a student driving a pretty hot new Camaro from his home station in NC out to the school in AZ.  When he was on open road I-10 somewhere in New Mexico, he let that thing RIP!  He was doing 150mph+ for several miles, AND HIS ON-STAR TOLD HIM TO SLOW DOWN, OR THEY WOULD HAVE TO NOTIFY LAW ENFORCEMENT...  

Happened.  Fuk that technology.  Tattle-Tale Big Brother Shiit.  Nope.  Not in this house...  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 6:25 PM, 98Z5V said:

Also - smart phone shiit...   Just because you - YOU - turn your phone off...   That doesn't mean that someone else can't turn on the speaker - yes, even "powered down" - or the camera, or the video, or the GPS...   You just powered it down, but those devices on a smart phone can still be activated...  trust me or not on that one...  I'm just sayin'...   

Same thing with smart TVs...   Look it up...  

My toaster talked to me once.  It got the 45-70.

decepticon.thumb.jpg.405929269920ece2af0b9534b0fb85d8.jpg