• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Credit Card Tracking

Primeh1alpha

Does anyone think that using PayPal may be a way around the new track and trace concerns with credit cards or back to old times cash or money orders? Western Union used to be a thing, but I don't think so anymore. All of this government intrusion into everything you do is starting to become very worrisome, or I may be old and paranoid. LOL

4 hours ago, shooterrex said:

If PayPal finds out you are paying for gun stuff they will close and lock your account. 

^^^   Yep.  Fuk PP, and everything to do with them.  :thefinger:

Just pay CASH.  Go hit the ATM, grab real, green dollar bills, and pay that way.  Fuk ALL the CC companies.  Do cash withdrawals through ATMs.  Eat the fee.  It's cheaper, in the long run.  If it takes a few days, due to the max dollar limit - then so be it.  It's not an "impulse purchase" that way.

FWIW, The last credit card that I had, I closed in 2008.  If I don't have the cash for it, I either don't buy it, or I save up to buy it. 

One day, I'll be on the level that Jack Reacher is on.  I'm working towards that. 

Ok, sad to hear Pay Pal does that, I have never had any problems or issues, my Cabela’s and Bass Pro cards have treated me well. If I could I would definitely pay cash, if I’m buying local or even in a surrounding state most times I will. So I too being fully aged LOL, with appropriate equipment, still are curious about being safe from Big Brother alternatives. Brainstorm 

5 hours ago, Primeh1alpha said:

still are curious about being safe from Big Brother alternatives. Brainstorm 

No alternatives, really, nothing to brainstorm.  Cash is king.  Can't electronically track that purchase.

As far as I know, there is no other way to do that, avoid the electronic leash and tracking, unless paying cash. 

DSG Arms accepts bit-coin.  They are a LEGIT vendor.  That might be your only way - but I'd be wary of other vendors that take bit-coin.  Make sure they're proven first, because there are a bunch of fraud sites out there, that will take your money, screw you, and you are straight out of luck.  Fucked. 

On 2/25/2024 at 4:06 PM, Primeh1alpha said:

Does anyone think that using PayPal may be a way around the new track and trace concerns with credit cards or back to old times cash or money orders? Western Union used to be a thing, but I don't think so anymore. All of this government intrusion into everything you do is starting to become very worrisome, or I may be old and paranoid. LOL

Fuck pay pal when it was uncovered that they were going to fine people for saying things on social media then back peddled I paid off my credit and don’t use it anymore 

FUCK THEM IN THE NECK!!!

If you have a cell phone number, you are tracked. Period.Credit cards are just so much gravy to whomever is doing the tracking. There are so many ways to track people now a days. If you have done an DNA test, like Ancestry.com or 23 and Me, the Chinese have your DNA data, and that is an absolute fact. Actuarial meta analysis will be used to predict your beliefs and potential behavior, particularly now that AI is entering the picture. 

On 2/27/2024 at 8:14 PM, Sisco said:

If you have a cell phone number, you are tracked. Period.Credit cards are just so much gravy to whomever is doing the tracking. There are so many ways to track people now a days. If you have done an DNA test, like Ancestry.com or 23 and Me, the Chinese have your DNA data, and that is an absolute fact. Actuarial meta analysis will be used to predict your beliefs and potential behavior, particularly now that AI is entering the picture. 

This is the 100% truth, the other day I was texting someone about how I was thinking of getting a new bed, few hours later scrolling thru both fb and instagram I had adds for three or four different beds. It’s even scarier when it’s something you and your buddy are talking about in person and it pops up. 

I just heard a guy say on a podcast “who knew companies would profit this much just on something as simple as peoples data” 

hell your rewards card for the grocery store or gas station does the same exact thing. I have a card for a local gas station chain we have our fleet card there and that’s also where I fill my truck. Every 15th visit I get 5¢ off a gallon, if I buy things in the store like 2 8oz redbull or a sandwhich and a drink what ever the special is I can get 5-20¢ off a gallon. Right now I’m sitting on like 25¢ per gallon. At the end of the year they send you your stats, how many visits, how many different store, how many gallons of gas, most popular purchase. They don’t tell you that just for your knowledge they’re taking it and saying this 40 something male does this and this 60 something female does this and that 34 year old female does that. 

its all data farming, some minuscule with a little pay off, some disturbing 

8 hours ago, unforgiven said:

There is absolutely no privacy,if you aren't known now a simple search by anyone will find you out. Sadly. Freedom has been compromised because of convenience for the general population.

Truth Brother, sad to say.

15 hours ago, shepp said:

This is the 100% truth, the other day I was texting someone about how I was thinking of getting a new bed, few hours later scrolling thru both fb and instagram I had adds for three or four different beds. It’s even scarier when it’s something you and your buddy are talking about in person and it pops up. 

Once again, that's Smart Phone shiit, and you fuqrs that want to think you're serious about ComSec...   Buy a fuqn flip phone, dumb phone.  How many times I gotta tell you guys this shiit already?...  :bitchslap:

Get the all-listening computer away from your ear, and mouth.  Ditch the fukkin' smart phones...  

Edited by 98Z5V

Your "smart TV" will fuk you over, too.  Fuk those things, just buy a cheap modern LCD TV or something similar.  I don't need my TV telling me my favorite channels, or predicting what I wanna watch, or turning on when I walk in a room.

I guarantee you that fukker is turning on it's active listening BS, when someone hacks it, and you think "it's off..."  Check the info out there on this tech.  It's real.  Don't invite that invasion into your own home, for a simple "convenience" that you think it might offer you.  Do it the hard way - the old way was getting your ass out of the recliner, going over there, and turning a fukkin' dial to change the channel.  I grew up that way.  If you switch channels on your TV by pulling up the app on your smart phone - don't be surprised when your data is spread all over the planet. It shouldn't shock you, because you bought into all that tech shiit.

might work for your job doesn’t work for mine…

On 2/28/2024 at 9:31 PM, 98Z5V said:

Once again, that's Smart Phone shiit, and you fuqrs that want to think you're serious about ComSec...   Buy a fuqn flip phone, dumb phone.  How many times I gotta tell you guys this shiit already?...  :bitchslap:

Get the all-listening computer away from your ear, and mouth.  Ditch the fukkin' smart phones...  

1 hour ago, shepp said:

might work for your job doesn’t work for mine…

Find a way around it, brother - there is ALWAYS a way around that shiit... 

10 hours ago, shepp said:

Ok Tom…….

Hey, if that's what they "require," then that's something that they have to provide to you - to work.  It's that simple.  They can't make you spend your own money on a cell plan for a smart phone, just to accomplish a job that they require you to do.

Does that make sense, brother, or not make sense? 

You don't have to tie your personal information on/to a cell system that's required for work - TIED TO YOU.  And YOUR information. 

I hope I'm getting through on that subject.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:45 PM, 98Z5V said:

Hey, if that's what they "require," then that's something that they have to provide to you - to work.  It's that simple.  They can't make you spend your own money on a cell plan for a smart phone, just to accomplish a job that they require you to do.

Does that make sense, brother, or not make sense? 

You don't have to tie your personal information on/to a cell system that's required for work - TIED TO YOU.  And YOUR information. 

I hope I'm getting through on that subject.

May I ask what the difference is between my own device and one supplied by my employer tracking/listening and steeling my data is? Seems pretty tomato/potato to me…….

i get your point, but

If you take a company phone your on the hook to respond any time,any place. Your personal phone unless you get comped for it, leaves you with an out only if you stipulate right out of the box that the end of the day is the end of the day. If anyone is on call you should be comped for waiting by the phone. Work is pay, no work no pay. Just my 2 mags 

I think the first thing to do is check employment law in your respective area and company policy.

I keep a seperate work( company supplied) phone and personal phone. I do this for several reasons, some guys at work only have a company phone using it as a personal phone too( company has no issues)

Reason I feel to keep them seperate-

1- everything on the company phone is on the company server,photos,emails etc

2-In a work related issue( law suit,workplace accident) phones can be seized for investigations

3- The company owns the phone number so if you leave,get reassigned etc you no longer have that number

4- Once home and over the weekend phone is plugged on to charger and ignored unless on call but there are set times and compensation

Glad I'm retired. The ringer on my phone isn't usually on. If it is important they will leave a message. 

As I was in the Army Security Agency which is part of the NSA. I know what we were doing in the 70's. I'm sure they are listening into a lot more now that the technology has expanded since then.