• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

reloader using a Dillon

I was having problems lately with relaoding 300BLK on my Dillon 550B , I have been using the powder funnel for the 5.56/.223 & was not having any problems untill lately . Don't know what changed ,but I started to get powder (H110 ) dumping on the shell plate & in some cases deforming the case .

I came to the conclusion that the case ,if not  aligned dead on with the powder funnel would just catch the edge of the funnel & dump powder before it was sealed by the funnel .

So in looking at Dillons sight , to see if they had come up with a powder funnel for 300BLK out yet , I see they had one for 7.62x 39 /300 Whisper, ordered it , installed ,adj. & it works prefectly.

I don't know how long they have had it available ( could have been years for all I know ),but nice they did .

Are you using a Dillion shell plate holder ?

What brand die is being used ?

Just curious !

The shell plate & powder die is all Dillon ( shell plate for .223/5.56)

Now if you asking me what die set manufacturer I'm using , which has nothing to do with the powder drop , since its all Dillon  , i'm using Forster competition die set.

There are quite a few out there making die sets for the 300BLK out now . Forster was the only one making them when I got into it .

One complaint with mine is , the seater stem could be a little longer & no crimping ( which I wouldn't use any way ) Proper neck tension is all you really need & mine work fine .