Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, shepp said:

That all comes in their kit, 72.25 gets you

Quantity: 1 of each listed is included.

* 6 oz

image.png

i dont know how the money works out...but you need the brine 1lb the secret weapon pork and chicken 1lb dominator sweet rib rub 1 lb black ops brisket 1lb

and death dust 1lb..... thats all     Wash

13 minutes ago, washguy said:

i dont know how the money works out...but you need the brine 1lb the secret weapon pork and chicken 1lb dominator sweet rib rub 1 lb black ops brisket 1lb

and death dust 1lb..... thats all     Wash

Ok I'll check it out, I still got some brisket rub here, never done brisket.....

14 minutes ago, beantown said:

I gotta get a smoker after seeing this thread. Great pics of some awesome looking grub gents! <drool>

Green mountain  pellet smoker...even I can smoke  things...mines going on 5 years of grilling and smoking and over 2,000 lbs of pellets      Wash

Just now, washguy said:

Green mountain  pellet smoker...even I can smoke  things...mines going on 5 years of grilling and smoking and over 2,000 lbs of pellets      Wash

I was hoping someone would chime in with a smoker recommendation. I like the idea of the pellet smokers. My neighbor is out there manually feeding his wood all dang day. Thanks wash!

1 minute ago, beantown said:

I was hoping someone would chime in with a smoker recommendation. I like the idea of the pellet smokers. My neighbor is out there manually feeding his wood all dang day. Thanks wash!

And drinking beer and relaxing ;)

1 hour ago, DNP said:

Wanted to add....only hing in the kit I didn't really care for was the carne costa. But I want to try it on a few other things before I decide for sure. It wasn't bad....just not special. 

That helps, I don't need the brisket rub I've got some. Ordered all wash said to (again minus the black ops) plus 5oz of the Santa Maria. 

Bean.   Me and unforgiven have the gmg daniel boone.  This smoker goes up to 500 for searing and grilling....ive got the blanket on mine and a cover too .mine stays out side all year long exposed to the elements .the blanket allows you to smoke in the winter and use less pellets all year long....    Wash

On March 25, 2016 at 6:56 PM, washguy said:

Shepp     We done changed on ya...lol     .....no nite before...unless you wanna brine?......room temp it...rub down with a lil vegetable oil...put oakridge pork/chicken rub on with a lil sweet rib rub...no injecting no spritzing smoke at 250 till 200 internal let it rest in foam beer box for a lil while

should look like the burnt meteorite on the amazing rib site...the pic of the guy holding the tray of butts...you want a crisp bark..so no foiling no spritzing...we have been using lil 5/6 lb butts they take less time bout 6/7 hours if all they have is the big ol butts have the butcher cut it in half length ways...go up a few in posts...shows you the deal on em

Wash

image.jpeg

Shepp...It IS game time...open up that Death Dust and take a big whiff of it...smoooth...lol

DNP  we like pork tenderloins...too easy....but chops you would want thicker ones...same drill ...pork/ chicken rub with a lil death dust if you want..sauce em or not with bbq sauce for last 10 mins...tenderloin 325 till 165 internal but you know that... dipping sauce  Fischer& Wieser  Razzpolte sauce yum      Wash   

2 minutes ago, washguy said:

Shepp...It IS game time...open up that Death Dust and take a big whiff of it...smoooth...lol

DNP  we like pork tenderloins...too easy....but chops you would want thicker ones...same drill ...pork/ chicken rub with a lil death dust if you want..sauce em or not with bbq sauce for last 10 mins...tenderloin 325 till 165 internal but you know that... dipping sauce  Fischer& Wieser  Razzpolte sauce yum      Wash   

I like pork loin too this is how I do mine

image.jpeg

Awesome. Chops are tomorrow. Filet mignon tonight. 

Shepp....go on oakridge site and get the run down on the death dust wings....they were delicious. Brine a butt for this weekend try to get 12 hours brine time.  Add something a little sweet in with the secret weapon. 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic