• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mega Ma 10 nickel boron

washguy

Hi Guys  Soooo ive got my new 16" barrel inhand and was thinkin bout the new setup.

Has anyone actually seen inperson the Mega monolithic nickel boron finish?  I cant get a good read by looking at pictures....sometimes it looks too pimpy/flashy and other pics kinda looks good ....so gimme your thoughts....  :)  Wash

The NIB is supposed to be an excellent  finish that is said to improve the function and wear resistance of your gun. I remember reading somewhere where a builder wient with a TIN coated BCG and ran into problems with excellerated wear on his hammer because the carrier was harder and wore it out when it reset the trigger during cycling. I don't know if NIB has properties like that, but as far as I know they say it increases the smoothness of the action, decreases wear, and reduces the need to lubricate the action. All good things, I think that if you went for it and decided it was too flashy for you you could always have the outside cerakoted and still have all the functional benefits. I had a friend that had his 1911 competition gun NIB plated, and I found that it felt very slippery, and made fast racking of the slide difficult, but a slippery finish on the receiver of an AR receiver probably wouldn't give as much trouble as it was on the 1911.

hi all, new to the forum, just starting my build. got the maten nib. its a great looking piece. its more of a flat silver look to it, not very flashy at all. should have some pics up soon in the ma-ten build section soon. just waiting on a few more packages to arrive.

Hi Racer  Welcome to the forum !    so you like the nib?    awesome!      Wash

Hi again  Racer    So you think that a nib mega monolithic rifle length would look good? Not much barrel stickin out cause its a 16" and then the black car stock would go good?    so nib is a matte type finish not shiny?  hard to see online  :)  Wash

thanks for the welcome guys. will post pics in a couple of days, the lower is at jp's for a trigger install right now. should be back this week. sorry but its not a monolithic, but that should look great too.

Nothing to apologize for in that... We all have different personalities and preferences, it would get boring really really quickly if everybody's was exactly alike. Can't wait to see some pics!

Hiya Robo...so im gathering from you and our new member Racerken that its  kinda like a matte finish then...not pimpflash?

so how would a complete rifle length look in your opinion?  found the last one on the planet <laughs>

I was going for the monolithic tubular 12/lower in black but they wont be out for a while.....just thinkin out loud <dontknow>  Wash