• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I am a new owner of

6132expert

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apprasials are based almost soley on the exterior condition of the gun.

Re-finished weapons are valued the same as a weapon having NO finish at all.  With a few minor exceptions.

A 98% weapon will be worth two or three or more times as much as a 80% gun.

Rarity of caliber can also have a major effect on value.  A Colt SSA in 44-40 is worth almost double a std. 45 Colt.

Fladermans Guide to Antique Arms is one of the best books on realitive value.  Most books on value are on the market to soley sell books.

Respectfully

Terry

If you do not get feeding problems do not mess with the feedramp, bullets are not meant to actually touch it.

Huh? I've owned lots of 1911's and gunsmithed on a lot more over the years. I don't think I've ever had one in my hands that the bullet could get from the magazine to the chamber without hitting the feedramp! <dontknow>

Huh? I've owned lots of 1911's and gunsmithed on a lot more over the years. I don't think I've ever had one in my hands that the bullet could get from the magazine to the chamber without hitting the feedramp! <dontknow>

Exactly - this isn't a semi-auto AR-15, with M4 feedramps.  1911s are different.  Feedramp angle is VERY key in the ammo you use, and if it's to steep, hollowpoints will hang.  Smooth that out, lessen the angle, and port the bottom of the barrel for it, and you can feed anything. 

Not talking about design, or the historical availability of hollowpoints.  I'm talking about what happens these days, with the ammo we have now, and how the Kimbers are.

There is contact on the feedramps.  Hollowpoints will snag.  There is less of it with the right hollowpoint bullets, and a clearanced feedramp, and porting on the bottom edge of the barrel (if necessary).

Bullets do touch the feedramp.

if the round is not intended to hit the why is a feedramp called a feedramp?

Because the bullet ALWAYS hits and rubs on the feedramp! I challenge anyone who says otherwise to take a 1911 frame and mill out the feedramp area and make that gun function without the feedramp. Ain't gonna happen!

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks I am in love with this 1911! I took it out today for a test drive and I like whats under the hood for sure. At 25 yards I would explode someones head for sure at 50 yards I need some work but definitely kill shots. Everything went just as it should I had no issues at all with the clips or anything........until round number 96 and the it failed to chamber so I pulled the slide back. The round ejected and a new round chambered with no issues then I went 50 more and called it a day. To say the least I am a happy camper!

Everything went just as it should I had no issues at all with the clips or anything........until round number 96 and the it failed to chamber so I pulled the slide back. The round ejected and a new round chambered with no issues then I went 50 more and called it a day.

Probably just a break-in glich and may never happen again. That is one sweet looking pistol! <thumbsup>