• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I am a new owner of

6132expert

Well almost! I really didn't want to spend the milk money so I done the law away program. I started to not get it at all then the guy said this would be the last one he would be getting, so I took the plung and my wife said no more after this one,, I think she said the same thing when I got the last 2 xd 40s two weeks ago...lol I love her

So here it is my new Sig Scorpion I will have it in my hands in just a few weeks for sure. When I get it I will post more pictures, he had another real nice Sig 1911, but Im not sure exactly what it was. It was 948.00 out the door so I think I done pretty good on it.

photobucket-15215-1340226158256.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the 1911 colt.  The gun the military said was "oboslete".

101 years young, and made by more mfgs than ever!!!!!!

Including such people as Sig!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many generals , who made the change to the "GREAT"  Beretta 92 could be made to eat thier stars, for giving in to NATO pressure?

I wonder how many lives could have been saved if our military had stayed with the "oboslete" 1911, and not been pussys and gone with the 92?

Not so respectfully

Terry

PS<  thats a really nice looking gun!!!!!!

Thanks guys, I also was looking at the extractor but I really don't see the difference no more then what it is. The extractor is there to do a job and as look as that job gets done effectively with out issues then it can be anywhere.IMO

The military originally carried a Remington as far as I know and the new Remingtons I just didn't like the way they felt compared to a Rock Island so IMO thats not giving them much for the price they are. This Sig feels great in my hands I just hope it feels just as nice with a full clip in it, and I hope my groups are not as lose as a reborn virgin!

GI 1911's were made by Colt, North American Arms co.. Springfield Armory, Reminton-UMC Singer MFG( sewing machine co,) Union Switch and signal, Remington Rand, Ithaca gun Co. and one or two others.

All parts, from all mfgs interchange, because they were made to Colt specs and used Colt gagues.

Respectfully

Terry

I wonder how many generals , who made the change to the "GREAT"  Beretta 92 could be made to eat thier stars, for giving in to NATO pressure?

I wonder how many lives could have been saved if our military had stayed with the "oboslete" 1911, and not been pussys and gone with the 92?

to each his own. ill take the M9 over the 1911 any day of the week. that is certainly a good looking pistol though.

I've been eyeballing that once since it came out - love that gun.  I love shooting the Desert Warrior, but I hate beating the hell out of it, if that makes sense - I want this Scorpion so I can beat it like a baby seal...  :o <laughs>

Well Im happy with my choice. After some research I figured I could not do wrong with. It is my firat 1911. I have always wanted one. My older sister has a real nice OLD SA 1911 and I shot it a few times and ever since then 1911 has stayed in my head. I almost got one over on her when she was complaining about it being to big of a gun and she almoat traded it to me for a compact 9mm Glock. The at the last minute she backed out. Well now I have a nice one and can't wait to take ot to the range.

For all you junkies out there and I think it is everyone on this site. As soon as I get it I will post more pictures so you have something to jerk off to, but remember she sleeps with me! <laughs>

I have been thinking and I am already wanting to know if there is anythi g I need to do to this 1911 out of the box. Is there any polishing need any where? Upgraded parts need such as a different trigger? I do want to know what you salty guys have to say! I also do want to get it and shoot it some to see what I think may need work for it to be a better shooter for me as an individual.

Is there any polishing need any where?

Feed ramp.

Wait until you shoot it some first, though, and feed it ball ammo initially.  Hand cycle hollowpoints before using them.  If the feedramp angle is too steep, most hollowpoints will snag on it and stop the slide.  Always check first. 

Break it in, though, like triple d said.

Good to know, and the feed ramp did look kinda steep.

I was planning on firing a few hundred so thats no big deal. I will probably go 500 before I do anything other then a good cleaning. Keep the stuff coming though.

Feed ramp.

Wait until you shoot it some first, though, and feed it ball ammo initially.  Hand cycle hollowpoints before using them.  If the feedramp angle is too steep, most hollowpoints will snag on it and stop the slide.  Always check first. 

Break it in, though, like triple d said.