• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Proof Research Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrel

Robocop1051

Makes you wonder what one of these S/S HB would do & no I'm not going there . :cookoo:

Exactly - that might be a tough barrel, but I'm not taking one of might off and breaking any cinderblocks with it - for nothin'!  :o

For me, the significant thing is that the carbon is tough enough that it didn't get marked by the cinder block, and that the bond of the CF to the steel is strong enough that it didn't delaminate. I've always wondered just how strong mine is, but as you guys say, I'm not about to do destructive testing to find out. As far as the point of aim changing, I'd be inclined to attribute that to the barrel screwing on in a slightly different orientation to the receiver/optic. I don't think barrel threads are designed to work like piccatinny rails as far as repeatability of zero. As for the groups, it might be the blank they used, or the shooter, because my ABS barrel shoots better groups at 100M than that (when I take my time)