• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CMMG Mark 3 Finished (Maybe)

BayouBob

Put the JP Tactical Compensator on the Mark 3.  Recoil went to nothing.  It wasn't bad to begin with and the Sims pad had tamed it but now it is just about the same as a .223.  I can see the bullet hit the berm at 250 yards through the scope and I can see the little green circle appear on the Shoot-N-See target at 100.  Had to close the gas port down 1/4 when I put the comp. on to put the ejection back at perfect.

The set-up as shown is:  CMMG Mark 3, 18 inch barrel, A-2 stock, Sims pad, Sims sling, (great sling) CAA grip, Nikon mounts, Pentax scope, ambi. latch, PRI adjustable gas block, JP compensator, P-Mag.

Now to work on loads.  I'm hoping I can get good groups with Nosler 165gr. Accubonds.  More to come.

post-2037-136297278259_thumb.jpg

Matt, Actually it is the Command Arms grip.  It comes with 3 different back straps and 3 different front straps so you can really fit it to your hand.  I have big hands so I use the high profile backstrap and the full finger groove front strap.

Matt, Actually it is the Command Arms grip.  It comes with 3 different back straps and 3 different front straps so you can really fit it to your hand.  I have big hands so I use the high profile backstrap and the full finger groove front strap.

Yes sir, it is indeed the CAA grip, I was in fact referring to the model rather than manufacturer. If i'm not mistaken, the exact model number is UPG16, as seen here. That is also the same configuration I use, as I have pretty large hands myself. I like it even better than my Magpul MIAD grip, but to be fair there isn't really anything I dislike about the MIAD.

Interesting.  Tried a couple of loads with Nosler 165 gr. Accubonds and Hornady SST's.  Nothing special yet but the rifle shoots different bullets of similar weight and style with similar charges to radically different points of impact.  Nosler, Hornady's and Sierra's hit 8 to 10 inches apart at 50 and 100 meters and with no particular pattern.  It's not just one shooting high or left; each bullet brand shoots to a completely different place.  Most of my rifles will shoot similar bullets close to each other but some of these aren't even on paper with each other.  The Sierra Match Kings still seem to be the best grouping but I have a long way to go.  That's the fun part.