• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bad BRD - Ted Nugent LaRue PrediTAR .308 ...well not quite

OK I couldnt affort the LaRue so I built one of my own. PrediTAR

Started with an Armalite AR10A4CBF Plain 16" 308 Carbine that uses the PMAGS rather then the propriatary Armalite Mags.

I removed the plasttc A2 handguard, the railed gas block, the Delta ring and the flash hidder,

I reinstalled the barrel nut, and installed a Troy Micro gas block. Added a Troy 13.8" Beta Battle Rail and reinstalled the Flash Hidder.

I replaced the stock trigger Guard with a BlackHawk oversized trigger guard and replaced the grip with a UTG Sniper Tactical Grip.

Replaced the Milspec Buttstock with a Magpul ASC-L Buttstock.

Installed a Magpul AFG1 and Rubber Rail Ladders.

Installed a UTG 6-9" BiPOD and a Master Series Simmons 2.8-10x44 Illuminated Riflescope on 1"tactical scoperings

AR10-PrediTAR.jpg

I have a disease, it's called Black Rifle Disease, there is no known cure, nay building more and more AR's....  :sniper:

I have a disease' date=' it's called Black Rifle Disease, there is no known cure, nay building more and more AR's....      [/quote']   

Good looking rifle. <thumbsup>

I think the official clinical name is "Creeping Black Rifle Disease". It's slow to overwhelm but overwhelm it does.

I'm having my coffin lined with black rifles.  :D

As long as the weather holds I'm going to the range Saturday so we will see....I have three other builds I haven't shot yet also. I have a 16" AR15 in 6.8SPC, a 16" AR15 in 5.45x39 and an 7.5" AR15 in 5.56 pistol to test out as well....I've been busy.... ;)

Hi Grey  way to go!  mod it to your liking!

btw you will love the 6.8 if you havnt shot it yet    :)  Wash

Well my buddie and I had a blast at the range Saturday. We were only able to use the 25yrd Sight-in range but it was still fun since none of the rifles we had were ever sighted in.

I started with my 7.5" AR15 .223 Pistol with a Red dot using Silver Bear 60gr FMJ - oh man that was fun. Each blast from the muzzle brake warms your face. Not bad as far as accuracy, grouped about 3-4"  low left for three full mags that is....

There were a few jams, ftf etc. I'm useing a White Springco with a 5oz H2 and I may try a different buffer. I think the timing may not be optimal.

Next was my 16" AR15 in 5.45x39 with a red dot using Silver Bear 60gr FMJ. I had some jams on the 1st mag and then tried the second mag without incident. Accuracy was a 2-3" ragged hole center left from 60 rounds. The hole showed evidence of keyholeing though.

The 16" AR15 in 6.8SPC with an AIMPOINT using S&B 110gr FMJ no jams but accuracy was a bit scattered 6" low right from 1 Mag (it was getting dark).

And last but by absolutly no means least. My Self Built PrediTOR, AR10 with a Simmons 2.8-10x44 Scope using 147gr DAG MEN surplus FMJ. 1st mag everyjam possible after 1st perfect shot.

Took the mag out and tried a second mag - went perfect. My only PIC (I kept the target) is below. That hole is 20 rounds with the one flier to the left. It was getting dark but I unloaded and reloaded the bad mag and just fired at the target backer and they it ran without incident so I dont know what was up with the 1st mag it seems to work now.

AR10_25y_20rds.jpg